Oh My MozzaMia!

They say ignorance is bliss.

I was slowly and painfully coming to the realization that that was indeed truth.

Unfortunately, as I Victoria led me through the fake foliage and dim lights of the restaurant, with everyone else right behind me, I couldn't help but take the time I had to ponder over whether or not Parker's plan would work. Parker had sort of created a certain natural balance so that every crazy, irrational plan worked without a problem. Now, we had come to the opposing force. What would happen when it was a rational plan? Would it work? Would my parents be suspicious? I cursed under my breath and wished that I had considered this all before my impending doom.

"Right this way, Ron and friends!" Victoria said, turning in one more direction before I could finally see my parents. They sat at a large, round table, large enough to fit all of us and many more. As I inspected it, it could fit many more. At least three or four. Why would they reserve seats for that many?

"Veronica!" My mom cried immediately, springing to her feet. I looked to my mother to see her two blue eyes, staring at me, glinting and shining with joy and excitement. My father sat next to her and beamed upon seeing me and leapt up as well.

I didn't know what it was, but something overcame me. Perhaps it was the little girl inside of me that had been missing her mommy and daddy, but in moments, I had felt myself dash all the way across the room, embracing them and never wanting to let go. I could feel my mom's loving hand stroking my hair and my dad laughing his low, carefree chuckle that I remembered so well.

"Veronica, I can't believe it! You look so beautiful! Your hair has grown out so well! Oh my goodness, you look so grown up!" My mom ranted, cupping my face in her palms, "I just can hardly believe it!" She cried, and I could see tears of joy welling in her dark orbs.

"It's great to see you too, mom," I said, smiling ear to ear. I looked at my dad lovingly, his warm, chocolate eyes so welcoming and happy, just as I remembered them. "It's amazing to see you too, dad."

My dad smiled happily and tussled my hair, "The feeling is mutual, bud." He said eagerly, embracing my in a quick, but meaningful, hug.

"Well, aren't you going to introduce us to your..." My mom looked up from her hug and to everybody else, obviously confused as to why they were all boys, "...friends?"

I felt my face bloom a bright red, hoping that some sort of explanation would show itself on a silver platter. Just when I opened my mouth, a miracle happened.

"Hey guys! I hope we're not late!"

At the hearing of such a familiar voice, I turned around to see none other than Katie, followed by Jamie, and my least favorite of all, Lucy. Their marvelous beauty almost blinded me as they strutted confidently into the room, each of them decked out in a more extravagant dress than the last.

Jamie, dressed in a sparkling blue dress, approached us, a grin ear to ear on her face. As if we'd known each other for years, she walked over to me happily and strung an arm through my arm, "Hey, Ronnie!" She greeted me lovingly, "I'm really sorry that we're late! I hope we didn't miss anything."

My dad smiled at each of the girls, as if it were a total relief to see each of them instead of a room full of boys. The same went for my mom as well, and held her hand out to Jamie, "Hello! I'm Johanna, this is my husband Steve, and our daughter, Victoria."

Jamie looked up, her extremely bright eyes glinting with what looked almost like genuine excitement, "It's so great to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Miller! I'm Jamie. Your daughter is just lovely!"

I tried not to have my mouth hang ajar due to shock of her amazing acting skills. I looked over my shoulder to Parker, who just grinned at me. I grinned back, ecstatic. I knew I shouldn't have doubted him.

"So, honey," My mom wondered, looking at everyone, "Why don't you introduce us to your other friends?" She said, grinning mostly at the females. I sighed. My parents were the protective type and always had been.

I nodded nervously, "Well, this is Katie and Lucy," I said, narrowing my eyes at each of them as soon as I could sneak them a glare. Words could not express how much these girls irritated me; having to pretend that these two were some of my best friends would be painful, but I was still grateful that Parker put in so much effort. I looked over them and to my actual friends, smiling goofily as I went down the line, "And this is Parker, Drake, Aaron, Alex and Paxton-"

"Wait a minute!" My mom gasped, putting a hand over her mouth, in shock, "You're Paxton Adamson!" She said in shock, laughing airily as if she couldn't believe her eyes.

Paxton grinned effortlessly, "Yep! It's nice to meet you, Mrs. And Mr. Miller-"

"Oh, it's so funny to see you here with Ron!" My mother interrupted; mom always did have a problem with interjecting her comments, "Are you two...you know, involved? Ronnie always did have the biggest crush-"

"M-Mom, please!" I hushed her, nudging her angrily, blushing as I heard the chuckles from Parker, Aaron and Drake. I looked nervously to Alex, seeing a grim sort of look imprinted on his pale face, two ashen, purple half moons underscoring his eyes like two hammocks. He looked irritably back and forth between me and Pax, who had seemed to blush a little himself.

"Oh, well I'm sorry about that." Mom chuckled, covering her mouth lightly as if she'd said something blasphemous. "How about we all sit down to our meal?" She suggested, smiling warmly and taking her seat next to my father and Victoria.

For precautions, Parker immediately sat me next to the girls. I sat between Lucy and Jamie; Katie having been kept away as far as possible from Parker, was of course then put closer to myself then, much to my dismay. Jamie sat next to Drake, babbling on with each other about nothing, and next to them, I saw Aaron, Parker, Paxton, then Alex.

"So, do you all go to the same school?"

"Yes!" Everyone answered simultaneously, some voices more nervous than others.

"That's so cool," Victoria commented, trying to strike up a conversation, "Living with your friends must be fun."

"Speaking of that," Mom commented, "Are you and Jamie roommates, honey?" She asked me, smiling as she set down her menu to look at me warmly, her eyes softly gazing at me.

I could feel Alex's gaze on me, but I ignored it as best as I could and nodded at her, "Yep." I said, wearing one of the fakest smiles I've ever had to do. It's not like I could tell her that I roomed with a boy.

There was a moment of awkward, chilling silence, "Well, why don't you all tell us about yourselves?" My mom asked, folding her hands over each other and smiling sweetly, "I would just love to hear all about my Veronica's friends!" She singled her eyes out on mostly the boys, "So what do you all like to do?"

Drake held up the DS game that he had tucked away on the inside of his blazer, "Play games." Jamie scoffed and rolled her eyes, playfully nudging his shoulder.

My mom chortled, "Do any of you like to read?"

"Mom's a bit of an author," I explained, looking impatiently down at the table.

"Cool," Parker said, grinning wide.

A light of excitement flashed through my mom's eyes, "Oh! Do you like literature?"

Parker pursed his lips, grinning sheepishly, "Uh...do sports magazines count?"

My mom laughed airily, throwing her head back. I tried my best to laugh along, but the awkward atmosphere restrained me from doing anything naturally. I scanned nervously around the table when my eyes locked with Alex's, his eyes looking just about as uncomfortable as I was. I just hoped we'd be out of the restaurant soon and we could all go back to normal.

"Your friends are a riot, Veronica!" My mom praised, grinning wide with joy. "It's so nice to meet you all." She said, grinning.

Everyone smiled back at her politely, although I could sense how they would all rather be back at the school goofing off.

"So what are you going to get to eat, honey?" My dad asked me, grinning wide.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Probably the spaghetti."

"Good choice," My dad said, smiling at me. I heard something that sounded almost like a snort and traced it back to Alex.

I looked away, almost angry. What was wrong with him?