Pearce.

Ronnie's POV

“Stop touching my hair! My wig’s gonna fall off!” I scolded Victoria under my breath, swatting her hands away as we dashed for the auditorium. I just wanted to find Loretta, Michelle, and Alice and get this over with. I mean, family day was only an hour long. How much commotion could there be?

“But it needs to look perfect!” Victoria hissed, tweaking my wig.

“Just stop it!” I barked, opening the big doors to the auditorium. I scanned around looking for anyone I knew. Dang it; Loretta, Alice, or Michelle were no where to be found. Or Alex.

“Where do we start looking?” Victoria said, obviously thinking the same thing I was.

“You guys go look for the girls,” I said, peering around. It shouldn’t be too hard to find three girls in a sea of guys. I just hoped their boy crazy instincts didn’t kick in, “I’m going to look around for Alex.” I muttered.

Victoria sighed, exchanging a quick glance with Will. She sighed, giving me an impatient glare, “Fine. But make it quick.”

I grinned, then turned around, starting for the crowd. I scanned the crowd again, sighing. The whole state of Illinois must’ve been in here. I looked around; any one of these guys could be Alex’s infamous parents. What was up with him lately, anyway? What was so bad about his family? I mean, he obviously wasn’t the type to be family oriented, but jeez.

I sighed, and squeezed through a family who was hugging and crying, and whatnot. I obviously ruined their moment.

“I was just asking, Grey. And I do have to look over you, I am your mentor.”

I grinned; that could only be one person. I turned to my right. Paxton, Alex, and Joey were standing over there, fighting. I knew Paxton and Alex shouldn’t be in the same room together without supervision. That could only end up being a bloodbath. I guess I’d have to interfere. Like always.

I rushed over, just approaching Paxton from behind, when I heard Alex mumble, “Anyway, I have to go—”

“Hi!” I said quickly, tapping Paxton’s shoulder and revealing myself, sidestepping him, "You look familiar.” I looked up to Paxton, grinning, "Do I know you?"

Paxton blinked a few times, taking me in. His face bloomed a bright red, “O-Oh,” He said stuttered, “H-Hi, Veronica!”

I felt my mouth drop a bit, my own face blushed. I looked over to Alex, his bright red face standing out against his light brown hair. “Hi,” I said, grinning as angelically as was humanly possible.

Oh, god, I was so going to milk this.

“So, it’s been a couple of months, right?” I said, turning back to Paxton, straightening out my glasses. I don’t know why I ever wore these annoying things.

“O-Oh,” Paxton said, his face still red as a tomato, “Y-Yeah, it has. Nice to see you again, though.”

“Uh huh, you too!” I grinned ear to ear.

“So,” Alex said, his face having cooled down, “I’m going to leave now.”

My eyes widened. No, he couldn’t leave yet! I needed to talk to him, dammit! “W-Wait!” I blurted out involuntarily, getting an odd look from them both. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, but I had been too late.

Alex’s mouth turned up slowly into a sly smile. Crap. “Yes?” He slurred, shoving his hands in his pockets, like he was settling in for a long stay.

I furrowed my eyebrows angrily. He was too smug sometimes. “I didn’t get to introduce myself,” I excused, holding my hand out, “I’m Ron’s sister”