Let Down

"Veronica Miller, meet your new mommy."

Obviously, I wasn't too happy about this.

My mouth dropped, and I could barely form the words I needed to scold her. Was she out of her mind? Well, obviously, but you know what I mean. "Are you kidding me?"

"Hey," Will said, smirking, "Hear her out. It's not a bad plan."

I sighed, crossing my arms, and prepared myself for a long argument.

"Fine," I hissed, "Tell me everything."

"Gotcha!" Victoria said, brimming with joy, her eyes flashing with the excitement of a child on Christmas, "Okay, so listen. This is a long story, babe."

---

"You're girlfriend's pretty, Paxton. I like her sleepy face." A hazy, feminine voice chimed.

"For the last time, he's a boy." A more masculine voice said in a blunt monotone.

"Coulda' fooled me." Another, more sarcastic masculine voice chuckled.

I rubbed my tired eyes as I felt the sunlight on my eyes, and the clamor of voices in my ears. As my vision set in, above me, I saw long, blonde ringlets that belonged to a cute, cherub little girl, and on each side of me; dark hair that belonged to two different boys, one with green eyes, the other with gray.

"Oh god." I sighed, narrowing my sleepy eyes, "Mind giving me some space?"

"Sure thing!" Paxton said, picking up Joey from under her arms and setting her off my bed and onto the ground.

"Waxy, are mommy and daddy here yet?" I heard Joey whine in no time at all. This was the last thing I wanted to hear right after I woke up.

Thank you, Joey.

"Not yet, Jo." Paxton said, stroking her long blonde hair patiently, "Maybe in an hour or so."

Joey sighed and stomped her foot, "That's too long!" She wined.

"Deal with it, kid," Alex said, sitting down at the foot of my bed.

I sighed, covering my head with my covers. I never could get much sleep here.

"Shut it, poop brain." Joey hissed at Alex, her blue eyes flashing with anger.

I let out a small chuckle, and was reprimanded by a blow to the thigh by Alex.

Um, ouch?

I threw the covers off my head; taking in a long deep breath, and sat up, quickly kicking Alex off the bed. I heard a loud 'thud' hit the ground, and a wide grin spread across my face.

"You're all lucky I am in no possession of any arms at the moment," Alex said, malevolence dripping from every word.

"I want to leave now. You're all poop brains." Joey snapped, glowering at all of us.

Paxton gave her a frown, and reluctantly accepted, "Okay, fine, I guess..." He mumbled, grabbing her tiny hand. He looked back to me and cracked a smile, "See you in an hour or so, Ron." He said, leading Joey out of the room, as she rambled onto him about god knows what.

I watched him as he walked off, out of the room, and smiled. God. He was awesome.

"Stop drooling," Alex hissed all of a sudden, his gray eyes looking almost black, "You'll get it all over the carpet. You're lucky I let him in. He wanted to say hi."

I blushed, feeling my face heat up automatically. I ran a nervous hand through my hair, "U-Uh, sorry 'bout that."

"You're disgusting," Alex seethed, standing up from his awkward position on the floor, dusting off his flannel pants. "What do you see in him, anyway? You traveled all the friggin' way across the country for that?"