Outcast

"Dammit, Chaeng! This is the last time we go out after lockdown hours!"

"Relax, Dahyun. Nayeon wouldn't even realize that we are gone." Chaeng told her friend. "We just need to find the lost pack of vegetables, the camp really needs them. That farmer better not have ran off with it."

Dahyun and Chaeng eventually came across a clearing in the forest.

"It's too dark! Dahyun, can you cast a light spell?" Chaeng asked.

"Fine. Light Orb!" She whisper-shouts. Immediately, a ball of white light appears next to her, levitating.

The path ahead was brightened by the light

"Hey, look! There's the basket of vegetables!" Chaeng pointed out.

"Great! Can we go back now?" Dahyun pleaded as she looked around in discomfort.

"GO AWAY!" *BOOM*

A sound echoed throughout the forest. They felt the ground beneath them tremble from the shockwave.

"What was that?" Chaeng asked.

"Doesn't matter, let's get out of here!" Dahyun beckoned. "Chaeng? CHAENG! Where did you go!?"

"I'm just gonna check it out..I'll be back shortly." She says as she advances further. Dahyun has no choice but to follow.

"Wave Track!" Chaeng cast a spell to track the sound waves still present in the atmosphere.

"I think it's around here somewhere..." She says as she nearly falls into a deep dark crack in the ground.

"Hold on, Chaeng. This is quite a big crack, and the trees around have been pushed back. What could have caused this?" Dahyun asked.

"Something that has a lot of energy. Come on, we don't want that thing to find us-AAAAA!!" Dahyun screams in shock.

"What? What happened?" Chaeng rushes over.

Dahyun points to the head she found laying on the ground. Chaeyoung leans in to have a closer look.

"The wounds were cauterized. This is the work of a fire sword. Legionaries may be nearby." Chaeng deduces.

"Identify!" Chaeng casts.

Name: Kim Soon Bin
Age: 35
Affiliation: Villager

Dahyun spots something in the distance. She quickly and quietly moves to Chaeng's side.

"I think there's one right there...." Dahyun points at another body face down in the grass. Chaeng advances slowly, and grabs a nearby stick.

*Poke *poke

"What are you doing?"

"Checking that he's dead!" Chaeng defend herself as she uses the stick to roll the man over.