Glitch in the system

"Today was the second best day of my life, Nayeonie."

"Hmm? Then what was the first?"

"When I met you. I remember your father introduced us." Jeongyeon caressed Nayeon's cheek, pinching it slightly. 

"Yeah, I didn't actually want to go the the camp that day."

"Funny how the universe works."

Nayeon looked up at Jeongyeon, her eyes sparkling like the stars. "You look as beautiful as the day I lost you."

"You never lost me. I was here all along." Jeongyeon pointed at Nayeon's chest. "Come on, let's get back, it's getting dark." Jeongyeon reached out her hand and they both started walking back slowly. 

"Arrghh, Sana knows these woods better than I. We're never gonna find her!!!" Momo punched a tree in frustration, making an apple fall onto Dahyun's head.

"Oww..." Dahyun rubbed the spot where it hurt. Momo frantically rushed to her aid. "I'M SO SORRY!! ARE YOU HURT BADLY???"

"It's okay, Momo. I'm fine." Dahyun clenched her teeth from the bruise. "It's just an apple."

"But I hurt you, and that's something not good." Momo took out a book and wrote something in it.

"What's that?"

"A list of people I've wronged." Momo showed her the book. It had a long list of names, all the way from page 1 to 50. The first few pages of names were struck of the list.

Dahyun looked closer and saw her name at the end of the list. 

"Awwww...You didn't wrong me. You can take that off." Dahyun told Momo.

"No! I must repay you. That's how I was taught." Momo pouted. 

Dahyun flipped through the pages, and a few names caught her eye. There it was written, Senator Kim and Governor Kim. Her parents.

"Wait, you knew my parents?" Dahyun pointed at the book. 

"Senator Kim and Governor Kim are your parents?!" Momo smacked her forehead. "No wonder you looked so familiar. Now I must protect you at all costs, to repay their debt!" Momo saluted and Dahyun just laughed at her determination.

"Must be nice to know them. I didn't even get the chance to remember them." Dahyun sighed and gave the book back. 

"Did you not?"

"I grew up with Nayeon. The earliest thing I remember was that I grew up away from the Capital. I never lived in a castle."

I thought Dynasts are royalty! What happened?"

"Oh, right. You guys don't know." Dahyun realized. "Shadow took over everything. He took control of the Legion and killed most of the Dynasts. Nayeon grabbed us when we were babies and ran away at the last moment. The Dynasts were forced into hiding, and now they're killed on sight by any Legionaries."

"On sight? That's harsh. I thought the Legionaries were supposed to protect the people, not kill them!"

"Nowadays, the only thing they protect is themselves." Dahyun grunted and crossed her arms, pouting.

"You look cute when you pout." Momo blurted out, sending Dahyun's pale skin into a bright red blush. "I think it's time we head back, Sana can find her own way back." Momo grabbed Dahyun's hand again and they both raced back the way they came.

"You look tired, Sana." Y/N remarked as he configured the settings for the robot he set up.

"No, I'm just...sentimental." Sana took a breath. "It''s been a while since we went back into the real world. I don't know how the Legion will welcome us again."