Into the Unknown

"Wait, are you not gonna kill us?" Y/N asked.

"What? Why would we do that?" Bang Chan asked with a cocked brow.

"I don't know, I've heard the legends about how you guys would drag the people from the surface and eat them for food."

The whole cave erupted in laughter.

"You are very funny, surface dweller." Another voice spoke. "Name's Lee Know."

"How many of you are down here?" Y/N asked.

"More than a thousand people. We were a very small community before Shadow attacked." Lee described. "But we continued growing when that Legionary training thing comes along. A lot of people get dragged down here and decide it's better to stay here."

"About that eating you thing....we don't do that here." Bang Chan comforted Y/N. "We're mostly vegetarians."

"Then why this?" Y/N showed his bound hands.

"Oh, allow me to help." Lee immediately cut the ropes loose and Y/N massaged his wrists. "We tied you guys up because we didn't know who you guys were. So better safe than sorry."

Suddenly, Nayeon jolted awake and started screaming and kicking. She was blindfolded so she couldn't see anything which sent her into a panic.

"Y/N?! Dahyun?! Chaeyoung?" She called out. "Woah, Nayeon Calm down!" Y/N's soothing voice calmed the Dynast.

"Y/N! Is that you?"

"Yes. It's me." Y/N responded.

"So you are the famous Y/N, that beat the Legion's general!" Bang Chan recognized him. "Any enemy of the Legion is a friend of ours!"

"Wait, you know me?"

"Yes! Word spreads fast. Our scout, I.N reported a burst of energy a few days ago from the Legionary Camp and he saw the General get his ass beat by someone! Who knew it was you!" Lee said, furiously shaking Y/N's hand.

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Y/N, who are you talking to?" Nayeon asked, as Dahyun and Chaeng also stirred awake.

"I'm talking to the Strays, they are gonna free you guys in a sec." Y/N demanded as Lee made his way towards them and cut them free and took off their blindfolds.

"Gah, Bang Chan?" Nayeon recognized the leader. "Nayeon-noona! Great to see you!" He replied with open arms.

"You two know each other?" Y/N confusingly asked.

"Yes, the Dynasty was in close relations with them before Shadow attacked. After he trashed the place, the Dynasty provided aid and shelter to the injured." Nayeon explained.

Like the introverted kids they are, Chaeng and Dahyun just stood at one side, awkwardly standing there.

"What are you guys doing in the Stray Lands anyway?" Lee asked.

"Well, we needed to see the Heralds. We need to find out about the drug that they are making. With so many people having Shadow energy, It could tear the whole land of Arcadia apart." Y/N explained.

"You needed to see the Heralds? Well why didn't you just say so? We have a Herald here that's studying the effects of the Shadow energy on the environment. You can probably ask her!" Lee exclaimed with joy. "Come on, let's go!"

Bang Chan and Lee took the group on a tour throughout the Octave

Bang Chan and Lee took the group on a tour throughout the Octave. Away from society, They had been expanding technologically and economically, thanks to the Heralds. They even have their own currency called Softline!

The group were mesmerized by the lights and the scenes. Who knew that such a barren wasteland on the surface could look so fantastic underneath?

Soon, they reached a place where Bang Chan knocked on a door in a secret code. The door soon opened to reveal an elevator which they all squeezed into.

When the doors opened, 5 other members greeted the group and their leader, Bang Chan. They introduced themselves as the Stray Kids. A council that leads the Octave.

Their names were Felix, Changbin, SeungMin, I.N and Han.

9 thrones surrounded a round table where The Stray Kids wrote laws and constitutions. However, there were only 7 members present.

"Why are there 9 chairs but 7 members?" Dahyun asked from behind.

"Oh, remember the whole eating people thing?" Bang Chan explained.

"Yeah, uh...we had two extra members who sat here." Felix replied, scratching his head. "Their names were Hyunjin and Woojin."

"What happened?" Nayeon asked from curiosity.

"Are we on basis to tell them?" Han asked their leader, Bang Chan. He nodded slowly.

"Umm....Hyunjin tried that whole eating thing...thought it would make him look tougher... And Woojin was his target." Han finished the story. Everybody cringed from the thought of cannibalism.

"Where are they now?" Chaeng asked.

"Hyunjin went mad and he's wrapped in chains until we find something to help him. Woojin is six feet....well six more feet under the ground." Lee answered.

"I see, so where's this Herald?" Y/N asked, changing the topic.

"Oh, right. Wait here." Bang Chan ran off somewhere and everyone heard an argument go on.

"Not now, Bang Chan! I'm busy!"

"There's guests here to see you, they say they want to get to the Heralds base."

"Well tell them that the Heralds don't want to see them!"

"Just come and see them. It's the guy that I.N saw explode at the Legion camp."

"Jinjja? You should have told me earlier! He would be the perfect specimen to study shadow energy!"

Footsteps could be heard before a small woman, about Dahyun's height, stepped out of the room and ran right up to the group and shook their hands.

"Hello, oh my God it's really you."

"Umm...hi, who are you?" Nayeon asked, being slightly possessive over Y/N, Dahyun and Chaeng, but mainly Y/N.

"Oh, sorry. Where are my manners?"

"My name is Jihyo, Park Jihyo

"My name is Jihyo, Park Jihyo. I'm the herald they were talking about."