Dust and Rubble

The world held it's breath as two individuals who held the most powerful source of magic sized each other up. Despite roars that moved the heavens, Shadow did not show any sign of backing down.

Instead, he struck first by shooting a focused beam of energy directly at The Beast. It quickly dodged and began charging at Shadow on all fours, gnashing it's teeth along the way. Shadow shot a few more powerful beams but the Beast's speed was unrivaled. Soon, it reached Shadow and started slashing at his face, causing a trail of blood to flow from his forehead to his chin. 

"You will pay for this!!" Shadow lunged at the monster, conjuring a staff to counter the long reach of the beast's claws. Using it, he knocked its skinny hind legs before striking it in the midsection, dimming the light inside. 

Shadow saw this as an opportunity. As he tried to strike again, the beast grabbed his staff and snapped it in two, using its end to knock Shadow far away, separating the two. As soon as Shadow landed on the hard debris, the beast dashed over and attempted to stab his head. To it's dismay, Shadow dodged the claws as they dug into the rubble and got stuck, allowing him to slide out and give a few punches to the beast. 

This only angered it, as it tore it's claws out of the bricks and slashed Shadow's chest. He retaliated by conjuring a spear and stabbing it right into it's shoulder. The beast cried out in pain and tore the spear out, launching it at Shadow who promptly dodged it. 

In response, the beast shot out the claw again at superspeed, striking Shadow right into his chest. Shadow groaned in pain as the Beast raised him high and slammed him down hard, before promptly retracting it's claw.

 Shadow groaned in pain as the Beast raised him high and slammed him down hard, before promptly retracting it's claw

Back and forth, one strike after another, blow after blow. Even though both sides were exhausted, they still traded blows like they were winning. While the Beast was powerful, it was Shadow who had experience. 

Suddenly, Shadow blasted the Shadow beast with a Arbiter's Blast, followed by an Orbital Strike, before finishing off with a punch directly to it's teeth. The beast attempted to retaliate with another claw, but Shadow caught it and redirected it back into it's body. A wild roar of pain was heard, before the corrupted body of a Shadow Beast turned back into little old Y/N, beaten up, bruised and unconscious. 

"FINALLY." Shadow picked up a large stone nearby and raised it over Y/N's head. "I will kill you, and I'm coming for those Dynasts next." With that said, he slammed down onto Y/N's face, and again, and again, and again.

"I.*BASH* AM. *BASH* SUPERIOR!!"

BASH! 

BASH!

As Y/N's blood splattered against the stone and his teeth broke off, his mind wandered to the girls, the only people in the world who actually gave a shit about him.

"I'm...*cough*....sorry..." Blood pooled around from Y/N's bashed skull and caved mouth.

"You didn't stand a chance, boy." Shadow raised the stone for the killing blow. Y/N closed his eyes, and hoped for a quick death.