Respect

==That night==

"Just hear him out, Unnie."

"No! We are not going to keep a Legionary here as a pet!" Nayeon raised her voice. "We are executing him first thing tomorrow. We can't risk the camp being found by the Legion!"

"He's not a Legionary anymore! His teammates betrayed him! He doesn't have an affiliation now!" Dahyun yelled, raising her voice and the tension around them.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung is just quietly eating dinner while the two sides bicker.  She already had her fair share of Nayeon for the day. 

"And you trust him?! He's a LEGIONARY, Dahyun! Of course he would lie and escape! He will die tomorrow and we are packing up! End of discussion!" Nayeon huffed and sat back down in the chair. 

"No! I will not stand by and see you kill someone who is innocent!" Dahyun yelled. "He hasn't done anything to us!"

"He may not have, but the generations before him have. This is simply revenge for all of our ancestors. We kill one to warn a hundred." Nayeon defended. 

"Is that what this is about? Revenge?"

"YES, DAHYUN. IT IS!!! You weren't there when the Legionaries tore apart my kingdom. You weren't there when they dismembered my family limb from limb. Do you know how traumatizing that is?"

"I DO, NAYEON! MY KINGDOM WAS TORN APART TOO! But Y/N isn't a Legionary anymore! He's....different."

"How so?"

"If he wanted to escape, he would have done so by now. I went to talk to him while you scolded Chaeng, and I came out without a scratch! He doesn't want to escape, because if he returns to the Legion, he would be punished and thrown in another cell! You always talk but you never listen to us, at least listen to him!" Dahyun explained as she angrily took another bite of the food.

Nayeon slumped into her chair. She sighed deeply. 

"I'll think about it. Do the dishes and clean up." Nayeon said as she finished her rice and went to her room. 

Dahyun and Chaeng looked at each other in confusion. They could only hope that Nayeon lets go of the fear she had held back for so long. 

Nayeon sat in the moonlight in the middle of the camp. Suddenly, her friend Jennie walked by and noticed her. 

"Hey, Nayeon. Why aren't you in your hut?"

"Well, just needed to clear my head." 

"Huh. Penny for your thoughts?"

"You remember that Legionary that Chaeng brought back?"

"Yeah, he's to be executed tomorrow."

"I'm having second thoughts."

"What do you mean? I thought you were all anti-legion after the corruption?"

"Yeah, but something Dahyun said struck a chord in me."

"What did she say?"

"Dahyun said he was different. I don't know how different, but now I'm curious."

"What about a test?"

"Test?"

"Test the Legionary. See if he is a threat." Jennie suggested. "That should calm you down a bit."

Nayeon thought for a while. "Okay, then. Thanks, Jennie."

"Anytime." Jennie said as she disappeared in the thick fog surrounding the camp.