The Elder Trials Pt 3

"You know how to use a wand, correct?" Jihyo asked before handing a spare one to Y/N.

"Can't be that hard, right? It's just a stick."

"Well, anything can be a wand if you put it like that." Jihyo brought out her wand, it was made of shiny metal, and the ends were coated in gold which made it look expensive and professional.

" Jihyo brought out her wand, it was made of shiny metal, and the ends were coated in gold which made it look expensive and professional

 "Wands are more complicated than just random sticks. These are weapons, we channel our magic through them to make them precise, and attack at our opponent's weak spots."

"Doesn't the magic come out weaker?" Y/N asked, staring down the end of his stick wand.

"Yes, and don't do that." Jihyo quickly snatched it away before he lost his head. "Rule 1, never point the wand at yourself. Rule 2...."

Y/N proceeded to sit down and listen to her lecture for 10 mins, just explaining the rules.

"Rule 33, never attack unless provoked. Rule 34....Are you sure you wanna hear all these rules?"

"Yeah, keep going." Y/N looked at her with a smile. "I can see you're very interested in these rules."

"Rules are the best. They keep everything neat and structural and precise. That's why I joined the Heralds in the first place."

"Interesting. Continue." 

"You know what, it's quite boring to you, isn't it?" Jihyo gave a small chuckle. "I'd rather teach you to shoot fireballs than spend the whole day explaining this." 

"What made you think that?"

"It's just.... It's just that whenever I explain the rules to anyone, they just shrug me off and act uninterested."

"So you just decided to hide yourself away?" Y/N stood up and approached Jihyo slowly.

"I-I ...yeah."

"Jihyo, I sense something is holding you back."

"Um...I-I" Jihyo cursed herself for stuttering.