Interlude: You thought!

"I wasn't born a herald." Mina revealed to Jihyo, who had taken a seat and was munching down on a pack of chips she had gotten from somewhere. 

"I'm actually a Dynast, born to the Myoui line. I was next in line to the throne but my parents wouldn't allow me to rule without a husband. They searched far and wide for one, unaware that I wasn't even interested in guys ."

"You gay?" Jihyo spit some water in shock. "That's news."

"Shhh!! There are mics everywhere you know?" Mina covered Jihyo's mouth and only took it off when Jihyo gave an affirming nod.

"So, what else happened?"

"After a few years of men coming up to impress me, there was this one dynast that caused a commotion outside the halls. Not many noticed because of the long line of suitors, but I did. This dynast had short hair, the cutest dimples i've seen with a small mole on her chin. She had the most squishable cheeks and brightest smile. I could see her dressed beautifully in a uniform from afar, but her smile faded when the guard pushed her aside after identifying her as a woman."

"I was about to speak up when the ceremony abruptly ended and everyone was kicked out. I decided that night that I was to speak with my parents and come out of the closet. Not surprisingly, we had a fight and I packed up and snuck out, eventually finding the Heralds."

"They took me in and trained me through my teenage years. I wanted to return to the Dynasty, but i saw a wanted poster of me plastered on a tree for crimes against the royal family. That's when I knew my parents never really loved me, they just wanted to continue the royal blood."

"One day, Shadow came along and decimated the dynasts. Proclaiming to end the royal hierarchy and to restore balance to Arcadia and it's inhabitants. When the Heralds surrendered, he picked the best from the pack to be his personal ones. Myself included."

"So what does he do to you?"

"I manage his castle while he's out on raids. I make sure that the servants of that palace get paid, and I'm at his disposal to 'relieve himself' from time to time."

"How could you sell yourself like that? To him of all people?" 

"How else do you think I can afford this place? As long as he pays, I'm willing to do it."

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." Jihyo munched on another chip. "So did you ever manage to track down that dynast?"

"Yes." Mina's smile suddenly dropped. "But I was too late."

"What happened?"

"She was executed for trespassing onto the royal grounds. They blamed her for how I turned out. I tried to save her, but moments before her death, she spotted me in the crowd through my disguise. I saw the fear in her eyes suddenly turn into happiness, knowing that I would betray my own kind just to be with her."

"Then what's all that with Chaeyoung?" Jihyo suddenly changed the topic which left Mina surprised. "Who is Chaeyoung to you? Because after the description you just gave out, Chaeyoung matched the dynast exactly." Jihyo pulled up an image scan which had been recording Mina's description and making a prediction of what the dynast could've looked like.

"Chaeyoung..." Mina suddenly was lost in a trance. "That's strange...really strange."

"Maybe the reason why you're so attracted to Chaeyoung is because she reminds you of that Dynast, maybe Chaeyoung is the dynast herself!" Jihyo pumped her fist in the air as if she solved the biggest mystery of all time.

"No, I saw with my own two eyes. That Dynast was dead." Mina continued to look through Chaeyoung's history. By the time Chaeyoung was even 5 years old, Mina had already left the Dynasty for the heralds. There is no way that both of them could have met, until now.