Blast from the Past

"Where are we GOING???" Dahyun groaned as she felt the soreness in her legs.

"You know, jungle trekking for 50 km was one of the trials to qualify for the Legionary Army." Jeongyeon flipped her hair. "To us Legionaries, this is nothing. Right guys?"

"Yeah. Definitely." panted Sana, who was close to collapsing. 

"You seem enthusiastic." Nayeon panted beside her. "Come over here." Jeongyeon quickly ran in front of Nayeon and scooped her up in a piggyback.

"I'm hungry." Momo whined, earning a look from everyone.

"Here's some energy bars I got from the pantry. You want some?"

"Thanks, Dubu." Momo grabbed some and stuffed it in her mouth. 

"Don't worry, guys. We're almost there. It's not too far." Old Nayeon held up her cane to push aside a giant leaf, revealing a small village at the foot of a tall mountain. She immediately made the villagers aware of her presence, causing them to surround the group and bow in respect.

"Oh, ancient one. You've returned with guests! Shall I prepare the rooms for them?" said one of the villagers.

"Yes, there are 10 in total. They are to be treated well, and no harm shall come before them." 

The old villager saluted and ordered the others to work.

"The ancient one?" Nayeon asked her counterpart.

"Because I'm pretty old." Old Nayeon shrugged. "Come, follow me." 

As they trekked deeper into the village, everyone in the group was reminded of a time before Shadow, before everything went to shit. Villagers lived simple, fulfilling lives. There's no need to worry about where your next meal will come from, or whether you're about to be attacked. They exist as if nothing is wrong with the world. That kind of freedom was hard to come by these days.

"Shouldn't this village be under Shadow's jurisdiction?" Y/N asked Old Nayeon. He states that each village must be documented, and that the leader must be a devotee to Shadow."

"That only applies if the village is documented." Old Nayeon rebutted. "This village hasn't had any contact with the outside world in a century."

"Then who's the leader?"

"You're looking at her. The pretty but still old, Im Nayeon."

"I still don't get how you look and sound like me." Nayeon jumped in.

"I'll explain. We're here." Old Nayeon gestured to a large gorgeous Hanok. 

"Where's here?" Sana asked

"My house." She replied, gesturing for everyone to enter. Inside, there were 10 seat already available, with 1 chair for the grandma. By instinct, everyone just sat down randomly on the seats provided.