The Elder Trials

"Okay.....Food?"

"Check."

"Drinks?"

"Check."

"Sleeping bag?"

"Check."

"Makeup? Hairspray?"

"Almost forgot that." said Nayeon as she ran to get her stuff.

"That's why we have a checklist." Jeong facepalmed and turned back to her clipboard.

"Hey, you guys ready?" Tzuyu popped her head inside 2yeon's room.

"Yup, we should be good to go."

"Well, hurry it up. Everyone else is waiting."

Jeongyeon gave an affirming nod to Tzuyu as she went to join the others.

.

"Okay, everyone here?" Old Nayeon counted the heads.

"Yeah. Where are we going exactly?" Chaeyoung poked her head out.

"Somewhere. You'll see. Let's go!" Old Nayeon turned around swiftly and began walking into the forest, with everyone else following closely behind.

After a long hike, the group reached a clearing in the forest. It was surrounded by tall trees which filtered any sunlight, as well as an opening to a small beach around the corner.

"This place looks beautiful!!" Chaeyoung took out her phone and snapped a few pictures.

"There's a beach too!!" Sana jumped around in excitement.

"Settle down now. The Legionaries will set up the tents, the Dynast can go collect water, and the Heralds can go look for firewood. Y/N will start the fire."

"Should be simple enough." Dahyun rubbed her hands together and tried to pull the water from the beach into the bucket, but found she was unable to do so.

"Hold on, let me try." Nayeon stepped up and did the exact same spell, but nothing worked. Chaeyoung tried too, but only managed to make a weird face while performing some weird pose.

.

The Heralds found out pretty early they couldn't use magic. So they tried to improvise.

"Have I climbed high enough yet?"

"Mina, you're barely 2 feet off the ground. The branches are way up there."

"But it's so high!!"

"Just come down and I'll try going up." Jihyo offered.

"No! It's too high to jump!"

"Just. Come. Down!" Tzuyu used her strength to shake the tree.

"Tzuyu! TZUYU! TZUYU!!!!" Mina held on tight like a koala to its mother.

"This will take a while." Jihyo sighed and facepalmed. "Why can't we use our magic?"

"I'll explain later. Laugh while you can." Old Nayeon rocked back and forth in her chair.

In contrast to the other two, the Legionaries were doing quite......well.

"Sana, I think that one goes in there."

"No, I read the manual. It should go in here." Sana ignored Momo's advice.

"But the pole doesn't even go that far."

"Momo, I'm trying to concentrate here."

"Will you two stop bickering and finish the tent already?" Jeongyeon stepped in.