Old Wounds Never Heal

"OW!"  Y/N yelled as he was flung across the arena.

"Come on, Y/N. I thought Legionaries were supposed to be strong!" Dahyun yelled.

"I'm just warming up, gimme a sec." Y/N panted and took a deep breath, before standing back up to face the tofu. "It would be fun if I could use the old technique."

"To improve, you have to keep using the Dynasty way! Now come at me with full force!" Dahyun crouched down, getting into defense position.

"Thunderstrike!" Y/N called as a weak bolt shot out from him, only travelling a few meters before fading right in front of Dahyun.

"You need to work on that."

"I will, I will. Sound pulse!" The sudden attack caught Dahyun by surprise, but she was quick enough to dodge most of it.

"That was good. I see you're finding a way to use Legion spells through the Dynasts way." Dahyun panted.

"What can I say, I'm a fast learner." Y/N walked over and offered a hand to pull her up.

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap* "Great work, Y/N. You too, Dahyun." Nayeon exclaimed as she entered the small arena.

"It's because I had a good teacher." Y/N smiled as he patted Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun blushed slightly and turned away.

"Good job. Well, lunch is ready. How about taking a small break?"

"That sounds great." Y/N said as they all headed to the dining hut.

After a scrumptious meal, Y/N went back to the arena for his session with Kim Jisoo, Dahyun's stepsister.

"Alright, Y/N. My stepsis has told me a lot about you. Let's see you in action."

"You betcha." Y/N stood in the Dynast battle stance, which is to keep as agile as possible, because attacks can come anywhere at anytime.

"Supernova!" Y/N shouted first, sending a ball of flame towards Jisoo. She quickly reacted with Ice wall, cooling the ball into obsidian and sent it rolling back to Y/N.

"Raise!" Y/N commanded the earth to crush the obsidian ball, shattering it into many sharp pieces. He sent the sharp pieces flying into the ice wall, penetrating the fragile shell, scraping Jisoo in the process.

"Not bad." Jisoo remarked, seeing the wound on her leg. "Pack Hunt!" She cast, something Y/N had not experienced or heard of before.

Suddenly, the ground beneath Jisoo split open, and two wolves crawled out of it.

"Oh shit." Y/N became terrified and quickly thought of a spell to counter.

"Flame wall!" He cast, and the flame wall stood still. He breathed a sigh of relief, until he saw the two wolves walk through the fire, now snarling at him.

Y/N became more terrified and tried to think of another spell, but it was too late. The wolves pounced on him and he was quickly overwhelmed.

Falling to the ground, he quickly cast a shield to protect himself, but the wolves broke it and attacked him. They exploded in his face, leaving him dazed and confused.

His vision became grey and a vignette clouded his view.

"Pack hunt is a spell that conjures two wolves to pounce on the opponent, if done in succession, it will inflict paranoia on the opponent." Jisoo explained.

"Don't worry, it'll wear off shortly. That was a good battle, Y/N. But I'm afraid that my stepsis has much more to teach you."

"Don't worry. I'll improve, soon enough." Y/N smiled as the paranoia wore off.

*BOOM*

"What was that?" Y/N and Jisoo both exclaimed together.

They both rushed outside and met with Nayeon, Lisa, and Dahyun.

"What's happening?" Jisoo asked.

"The Legionaries, they're here!" Lisa blurted out.

"Where are the rest?" Y/N inquired.

"Chaeyoung is trapped under some rubble, and Rose is nowhere to be seen!" Nayeon answered in panic.

"Don't worry. I'll find them." Y/N reassured as he set off to find the Chaeyoungs.

"Chaeng? Rose?" Y/N whisper shouted.

"Y/N~...in here..." He heard a familiar voice.

"Chaeng? Where are you?"

"Down....here...I'm pinned..."

"I see you. I'm coming, just hold on." Y/N assured as he descended into the rubble. Reaching out his hand, he beckoned for Chaeng to connect, yet she was not able to do so without alerting the Legionaries outside.

Y/N reached even deeper and managed to catch Chaeng, before lifting her out of the rubble and carrying her to safety.

"There they are!" Lisa pointed out as Y/N returned to the arena, carrying a passed out Chaeng like a baby.

"She has a broken leg and a few broken fingers, but she'll be alright." Y/N reported as he let down Chaeng on the ground.

The others tended to Chaeng and Dahyun went to comfort Y/N.

"I know you think this is your fault."

"It is."

"No it isn't. They just found our poorly hidden camp. Maybe they saw the bonfire. That's on us. Don't blame yourself." Dahyun reassured.

"Hey, save the sappy times for later!" Nayeon screeched from across the hall. "We need to evacuate now!"

"She's right. Go find Rose. We'll wait for you in here."

Y/N nodded and he set off.

"Rose! Rose!" Y/N called out, hastily looking around so he can get out of there quickly.

"Rose! Rose!"

"Hello, Y/N. You son of a bitch." A familiar voice only Y/N could recognize.

"Joon-Ho. You're still after me."

"And you're still alive." He snickered. "How's life in the Dynasty camp? Getting comfortable? How are your hands?"

"How's your face? I can see i scarred it quite a lot. No more devilishly good looks huh." Y/N fired back.

"General Kim has ordered me to take you in, as well as kill any Dynasts around here."

"Well, if you needed to take me in, one person would've been enough right?"

"Well, it takes two to complete a mission." Joon-Ho smirks as the person Y/N's been looking for steps out behind him.

"R-Rose? You're a Legionary?"

"Rose was just a cover name. My real name is Park Chaeyoung, but Nayeon simply didn't want to use it."

"I'm part of the infiltration division. I'm a High ranking officer in the Legion, and, Joon-Ho's girlfriend." She reintroduced herself.

"That's why you secured your spot as the one who casts the invisible barrier. So you could reveal their location every two years and get rewarded later by the Legion." Y/N concluded.

"Exactly. And that's why you are going to come with us, dead or alive." Joon-Ho confirmed Y/N's worst fears.

"If it's gonna be like that,..." Y/N took a deep breath.

"Then i challenge you, Joon-Ho to a DUEL!!"