Chapter 52

Nayeon was seated on their Verdana, eyes closed, she made a wish. Like how she and Mark did before things went completely erroneous. Not even once expecting things would turn a total 360 turn.

It's 11:11 and she should be wishing to have forgotten the things she has shared with Mark. It was for her good. Yet she always hopes for the opposite. She wanted him to come knocking on the front door and tell her everything is a nightmare.

She was extremely happy with him that she did not realize how much of her she has given him. She has not once complained about that because she thought he was the one God has specifically prepared for her.

Was that all just a waste? Was that only supposed to be a taste of what another girl would be able to feel for eternity while she is left longing to be loved that way again?

"Oppa, I have always wished for your happiness." Nayeon said looking up at the sky wondering if he is looking at the same sky she's looking at, wondering if he is hurting as much as she is, "I never knew your happiness does not include me in your life."

She may frequently go out with Mina and the friends of Mina's boyfriend, but she really could not forget about one certain person she is unsure if he too even remembers her.

She kept all the things Mark gave her. No, she refuses to believe he never loved her. All the emotions she could see every time their eyes meet is real. She knows because he mirrors the same emotion she is showing.

"Nayeon yah..." Her brother called, "What are you still doing there?"

"Oppa, what was the wish you made?" She asked as soon as her brother sat beside her and leaned his hands on the railings.

"Wish? What wish?" JB glanced at her confused.

"Your 11:11 wish." Nayeon replied not taking her eyes off the brightest star she could see.

"That isn't real Nayeon ah." He told her smiling a little at his sisters' childishness.

"Mark oppa... He believes in that." Nayeon told him and sighed, "The star is shining so brightly. In the morning, it will lose its light. Is everything not meant to shine brightly forever? Is everything meant to lose its light?"

JB remained quiet, unable to figure out what to exactly tell her.

"Our relationship was so bright, it blinded me of any possible option for it to lose its light." Nayeon continued after a moment, "The cruel reality just wanted to surprise me as it came like a bang – extremely unexpected, I could not even know how to react."

"Nayeon ---"

"I can't accept it oppa." Nayeon's tears started falling but her eyes remained on that certain star she has been staring at, "I refuse to believe he didn't love me. I refuse to believe everything we shared was a lie. I refuse to believe he left me for good. I refused to believe it. But it had been almost two months... If he wants to come back, he should have been here now. His wedding is expected to be in a couple of days. It will also be broadcasted because it's the most awaited wedding of the year."

JB's eyes started to water – he was frustrated and angry that he was not able to protect his sister from the pain she is currently feeling. He was extremely thankful Nayeon fell in love with Mark instead of the other guys but now, he kind of hoped he was able to foretell the future and choose one of the current guys than Mark.

"When umma and appa died, I thought there is no other way for me to feel happy again. You are there all the time and I am very thankful to have a brother like you, but the emptiness I felt without our parents were different... But then Mark oppa came and I felt like I could indeed feel genuinely happy again, that he was the person umma and appa wanted for me. But..."