Chapter 43

A couple of days have passed since the auditions for the play was made and at this day, the results will be posted at the bulletin boards and an email was sent to all those who made it in with the instruction given to get their physical copy of the script at the information office attached in pdf format is the soft copy of the script.

Mark is disappointed when he received no email at all. He didn’t make it to the line up. He wanted to make a fuss about it but Jackson talked him through. He felt a little better but he is still slightly annoyed.

The girls have been busy practicing their piece for the dance contest plus Nayeon have been helping with the preparation for the play. Despite her busy schedule, Nayeon would never forget to give importance to his boyfriend and brother. She also never miss a night to bond with Mina who shares things in regards to her love life.

“Nayeon unnie, are you ready?” Mina called from outside their room.

It’s a Saturday and the girls are going to their school to use the dance room. The boys have already arrived to take the girls there since they too have a practice just on the practice room beside the girls.

“Ne Mina yah.” Nayeon said pushing the door open.

“Mark oppa looks scary today unnie.” Mina reported making Nayeon chuckle.

“That’s really the first thing you welcomed me with.” She said closing their bedroom door, “Leave it to me. I’ll take care of oppa.”

As soon as the two reached the living room, everyones eyes turned to Mark who kept his eyes shut with his head resting on the back rest of the sofa and his favorite song is beating through his earphone.

“Kaja?” Nayeon asked with a bright smile.

Jinyoung tapped Nayeons head as she was just letting of her brothers hug, “Talk to Mark hyung.”

Nayeon just smiled in reply. That’s what she is planning to do anyway. While the others are just grabbing their bag and some have already gone out, Nayeon pecked Marks lips making him open his eyes and took his earphones off as Nayeons bright smile was the first thing he saw.

“You’re here now.” Was the first thing he said.

“Saranghae~” She said with a cute voice.

Mark mustered a smile as he stood up with Nayeon and draped his hand over his shoulder, “Saranghae.”

He kissed her temporal as they followed Chaeyoung out who volunteered to be the one to close the door.

“Where’s Sana?” Youngjae asked after realizing his girlfriend isn’t with them.

“She said she needed to take care of something important.” Jihyo replied making the others frown.

Youngjae who realized how his friends are starting to react he laughed loudly and tapped his head like an idiot, “Riiiight. She called me earlier this morning before she left telling me she needed to get her parents’ package for her.”

The others laughed at him before heading to the van. When everyone has gone, the smile on his face vanish and was replaced by a sad sigh. He loves the girl he’s more than willing to act stupid for her. He doesn’t have any idea what’s going on with her but he doesn’t like their friends hating on her more than how they are starting to hate her.

The group have separated to their own practice room and Youngjae was just sitting on the corner quietly so JB went to sit in front of him. When he noticed their leader in front of him he sighed and looked down.

“Hyung…” He began.

JB didn’t say anything. He just sat there looking at Youngjae waiting for him to continue. The seven of them have a special connection and they can feel how the other is feeling, they can feel when the others are burdened.

“I understand how all of you guys, as well as the girls, hates Sana now but I love her hyung.” Youngjae opened up sadly, “I know she might be cheating on me but I’m not gonna give her up hyung.”

“Youngjae ah, you know we are here for you. We care for you. You are our brother that’s why we don’t want to see you hurting like this.” JB told him.

Youngjae laughed as he started to cry, “Hyung, just thinking about not having her my life hurts more than her cheating on me.”

JB looked down unable to handle the pain he is feeling as well as he is watching his best friend in such position. The rest of the boys were watching them from afar, since they were all listening to the two guys’ conversation.

“Do you want to live in lies? Huh? Youngjae ah? Sana is not the only girl in the world.” JB scolded him wiping the tears that streamed down his eyes.

Youngjae shook his head angrily, “No. Let me be hyung, jebal. I love her so much.”

Bambam, Yugyeom and Jackson were quiet and were just listening the whole time. Mark looked down. He obviously understand how Youngjae is feeling. His heart is stolen by his girlfriend and just the thought of her leaving him gives a piercing pain in his heart.

When Sana arrived, the girls are already drenched with sweat as they stopped dancing in the middle of practicing. They have done 10 round of the song they are performing. They have agreed on performing Heartshaker, the song that was written by Jihyo and Chaeyoung.

Jungyeon went to turn off the music and the others went to check their phones. Jihyo, being the best leader, made her way to Sana who didn’t receive any kind of greeting from the others as of now.

“Where have you been?” Jihyo asked her quietly.

“Mianhae. I thought we will end right away.” Sana admitted, “I went back to the house thinking you were still there.”

“Sorry. I forgot to text you.” Jihyo apologized scratching the back of her head.

“It’s not your fault Jihyo yah. Dahyun and Nayeon unnie texted me that you guys are already here.” Sana told her with a smile on her face, “I’ll just change Jihyo yah.”

“Ne unnie.” Jihyo nodded her head and watched Sana head to the room to get changed, “One of us needs to open it up to Sana unnie soon.”

“I tried unnie.” Dahyun said softly, “But every single time I do she change the topic instantly.”

“Nado. (Me too)” Chaeyoung admitted hugging Jungyeon from the back.

“You guys told me to wait until she opens it up herself.” Nayeon asked, “I wanted to talk to her about it.”

“What’s going on?” Sana asked confusingly as all of them are huddled together.

“Mark oppa just said we should eat lunch together.” Nayeon, the best liar in the group, said without stuttering as the rest of them were just smiling while some are nodding their heads, “They are just in the practice room next door.”

Sana’s face brighten with a smile, “Is Youngjae oppa there too?”

Nayeon nodded her head, “They went back to practice again so Mark oppa stopped responding already.”

Sana just nodded her head placing her clothes on the sofa. The girls looked at each other before they went in the middle to continue practice.

After 30 minutes, their practice was once again cut off because of a knock on the door. Chaeyoung , who is the closest to the door opened the door and two smiling guys took a peek inside.

“Jungkook ah! Taehyung ah!” Nayeon waved her hand with a wide smile.

Jungkook waved a booklet in the air making the oldest  girls eyes widen.

“Omo… You made it to the play?” Mina asked in disbelief as everyone turned to them.r

“Ne. I will be the lead actor.” Jungkook informed them.

“Omo omo.” Dahyun murmured.

“Nayeon unnie is the lead actress.” Mina said pointing Nayeon who was still in shock.

Jungkooks eyes widen, “Really?”

Tzuyu watched them sternly carefully studying the two guys with them. She doesn’t like them. She just think they are bad news.

“See you around Nayeon ah.” Jungkook said as she just nodded her head trying to contemplate how to tell Mark about the news she just received.

“He’s the guy you will have a kissing scene with unnie?” Momo asked making Nayeon just turn her attention to  her without saying a word.

“Do you need to go talk with Mark oppa unnie?” Jihyo asked as Nayeons attention is now with her, “You can go if you want.”

Nayeon shook her head, “Ani, ani… I’m okay.”

They continued to practice for 4 more hours before they decided they are getting really hungry. Just in time, the two groups went out their practice room without alerting each other.

Chaeyoung and Bambam who are the first people to open the door, started laughing.

“Oooh~ We are so connected.” Bambam said when everyone are out of their own practice rooms without Mark yet.

“We are one.” Jackson commented.

“Where should we eat?” JB asked hugging his sister and didn’t listen right after he asked since he turned to see how uneasy his sister looks, “Are you okay?”

“Aniyooooo~” Nayeon admitted shaking her head, “Oppaaaaaa~ Where is Mark oppa?”

“He is still inside. He probably is still gathering his things.” JB said tapping his dongsaengs head, “What’s the matter?”

“Oppa, you know Jungkook right?” Nayeon asked looking up his brother who nodded his head, “He is the lead actor for the play.”

JB chuckled, “You and Mark hyung are so tiring. You always cry when he forgets about something special and he gets really paranoid when you do something with any guy.”

Nayeon pouted, “It’s called love oppa. Love.”

JB smiled shaking his head and just in time, Mark went out the practice room and held his girlfriends hand. JB watched as the couple walked ahead when he overheard Youngjae and Sana talking.

“Did you cry oppa?” Sana asked but Youngjae just let out a laugh.

“Aniyoooo~” He sang making Sana giggle, “It must be because I sweat too much earlier.”

Sana nodded her head and grabbed her clean towel from her bag, “Here. You should not let your sweat dry oppa.”

JB decided to walk ahead of the two and stop divulging into his dongsaengs life. He already made his decision and it is as clear as a crystal to all of the boys.

~~~~

Two days have passed since the results of the play auditions was released and two days of contemplating how to inform Mark that the person he doesn’t like the most got the lead actor role.

She’s currently in the guys’ condominium specifically in Marks room as his boyfriend is playing a video game from his own computer. The rest of the boys have their own personal errands except Jinyoung who is just in his room probably reading some book.

Since the girls have left, the boys have their own bedrooms which was drawn by lots and luckily Mark picked the largest room which was Nayeon, Mina, Sana and Jihyos room before.

Nayeon have been battling with herself on how to tell her boyfriend about her friend. Jihyo even caught her practicing and talking to herself on the mirror a day ago.

“I’m hungry~” She mumbled pouting cutely as she is just lying down his king sized bed but was wearing a headphone that he couldn’t her, “Opppppaaaaaaaa~”

Mark still unintentionally ignored her making her pout and pull her phone out. A couple of messages are waiting to be read but she ignored it and opened Momos message.

Unnieeee!!!! jokbaaaaaaal. Pleaseeeeeee.

And from the way she’s typing, Nayeon could tell her best friend is as hungry as she is. She rolled over the bed now with her front against the bed and typed away her reply.

To. Momoring

Nadooooooooo. 😭 where are yoooouuuu???

In an instant, Momo replied.

From. Momoring

At the boys’ living room. You??? ^,^

To. Momoring

At Mark oppas room. Wait. I’ll go down now.

She got off the bed, “Oppa, I know you won’t hear me but I’ll go eat with Momo~”

She kissed his cheek making Mark watch her leave before bringing his attention back to his game. Nayeon didn’t forget to send him a text message too.

Momo smiled widely when she saw Nayeon making her way downstairs with JB and Jackson sitting with her also watching the girl going down the stairs with a huge smile on her face.

“Let’s go eat jokbal?” JB asked invitingly making his sister nod her head excitedly.

“Who were you texting before you went down?” Jackson asked curiously.

“Mark oppa. He doesn’t listen to me and is very busy playing.” Nayeon replied pushing her lips out as the three stood up, “Good thing Momo texted me.”

“We told her you’re here. She just got her book that’s with Bambam.” Jackson said, “Shall we go??”

The two girls flashed a huge smile on their faces as they held hands and went out together. They had a conversation with Mark being addicted to playing games on line with JB and Jackson helping Momo tease her saying Mark doesn’t love her anymore.

“Yaaaah!” Nayeon exclaimed stomping her feet as she stopped walking facing them with her brow creased, “Why is this 1 versus 3. Mark oppa loves meeeeeee.”

“Arasseo, arasseo. Kaja.” JB draped his arm around her shoulder and lead her to walk, “How did Mark hyung survive? You are so loud.”

“Molla. Ask him.” Nayeon pushed her lips out, “He always play even when we are together. It’s just an hour anyway.”

“He has always been a gamer.” Jackson said, “And he barely talks. It’s a good think I became friends with him because he speaks Chinese and I got to know Jinyoung so the seven of us got together. I don’t think he’ll get to know us if that didn’t happen.”

Momo giggled silently, “Oppa, they are not listening to you.”

She pointed the two and saw that they are so deep into a conversation of their own. Jackson shook his head and pulled Momo gently to walk with the two and poked Nayeons arm a couple of times.

“Nayeon ah.” Jackson said making Nayeon turn to him, “Did you hear what I said?”

Nayeon looked pretty confused, “What did you say oppa?”

“I told you about our history with Mark hyung.” Jackson replied as Nayeon bit her lip apologetically making Jackson glare at her playfully.

“Jokbaaaaaaaal~” Momo exclaimed happily.

They finally arrived at the jokbal place which is surprisingly empty which made the four glad. They don’t want to wait for too long just to eat. Nayeon’s phone beeped which she quickly took to read the message since the two boys were busy talking about Youngjae which Momo was so much interested in since it also involves one her best friend.

From. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

Sure babe. Take care. I love you. :*

Nayeon smiled and replied.

To. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

I loveeee yooouuuuu. :* Do you want me to bring anything for you?

And instantly she got a reply from her boyfriend.

From. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

Nope. Just sleep here later please.

“Who’s magnetic boy?” JB asked frowning slightly.

“Mark oppa.” Nayeon replied as JB made the disgusted face.

“You two make me cringe.” JB said making Nayeon pout, “Im Nayeon, you know I’m not the only one. Jungyeon have always been vocal about how disgusting you both are.”

Nayeon just smiled and brought her attention back to her her phind

To. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

Arasseooooo~ See you later.

From. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

Enjoy there. Yeah. See you later. I’ll play again okay?

To. Magnetic Boy 😍😘❤

Arasseoyoooong. Fightiiiiiiiing.

Mark didn’t reply after that. He must be playing already right after he sent his last message. She placed her phone on the table and listened to Jackson sharing his thoughts when he saw Youngjae crying which JB shared his own feelings as well.

Even when they started eating, the topic was Youngjae. In the middle of their conversation, JB watched the two girls eating and finally realizing the two have their own serving of jokbal which is a big whole of it by the way and the two of them only shared one serving.

“Oppa, don’t even think about it.” Nayeon said making the two boys glance at each other.

The two boys ended up giving the two girls a piggyback after the two have complained about having a stomach ache . JB scolded them of course but he couldn’t do anything since it already happened.

“Mianhaeyo oppa.” Momo keep saying to Jackson saying she’s very heavy.

“My stomach hurts.” Was all Nayeon kept saying until they reached the boys’ house.

Mark is in the living room watching some basketball game with the maknaes, Bambam and Yugyeom, when he saw four people arrive.

“What happened?” Yugyeom asked worriedly as Mark stood up and carried Nayeon bridal style.

“Their stomach are aching. They ate one serving of jokbal each.” Jackson said putting Momo down the sofa.

“I’ll bring her to my room JB. Thank you.” Mark said as JB nodded his head and watch Mark making his way to his room.

“Oppppppppaaaaaaaaa~” Nayeon crawled as soon as Mark gently plopped her on the bed, “My stomach is aching.”

“Whose fault is that?” He simply asked lying down the bed beside her.

“Mine~” She replied shortly and hid her face on his chest.

He kissed her head and engulfed her with his warm embrace making her even more uneasy. Her stomach is aching plus the uneasiness she’s feeling because of her goddamn play is not the kind of feeling she wants to last long.

“Oppa…” She started.

She wants to get it over with. Whatever his reaction is, she’s willing to face it. It would be better if the news would come from her than coming from other people.

“I know who got the male lead role for the play.” She started looking up at him meeting his curious eyes and didn’t fail to notice his expression hardened, “Jungkook got the lead role oppa. Taehyungs friend. The one you saw with Mina and I when we went to the resort.”

“I know. I know him babe.” Mark said sensing the panic on her voice, “Thanks for telling me. I didn’t get the role but I’ll be watching you from the audience and know that I’m your number one fan.”

Nayeon chuckled feeling a weight have been taken off her shoulder, “I know because I’m your number one fan too. I really thought you’ll freak out about it.”

“It was a fair competition. I auditioned too but he got the role. There is nothing to fuss about. But if I have a say about it, I don’t want you to continue.” Mark told her honestly making her pout.

She waited for almost 2 years to get the lead role for the play. That two years she was forced to be part of the stage crew because she’s too young for the roles. Now that she finally get what she wanted, her boyfriend is making it difficult. She wanted to yell at the script writers for adding a kiss at the end for the first time ever.

“I know that face babe.” Mark continued and planted a soft peck on her forehead, “If you want to continue, it’s okay. I’ll be supporting you until the end.”

“Mark hyung! Nayeon noonaaaaaaaa!!!! Get out there! It’s movie night and the rest of the girls are hereeee!!” Bambam practically yelled from outside Marks bedroom door.

“I feel like Bambam thinks we’re half deaf sometimes. He just starts yelling.” Nayeon complained pulling out from Marks embrace sitting up as Mark let out a laugh.

They could see the others in the living room when the couple were making their way downstairs except Chaeyoung, Bambam, Yugyeom, Sana and Youngjae. JB was alone on the three sitter sofa, Jungyeon is seated on the solo sofa, Mina, Jinyoung and Momo were on the two sitter and the rest are on the floor. When the five arrived, Sana went to sit beside JB on the sofa but as soon as she did, he went down to sit beside Dahyun on the floor making the girl frown slightly. Only Youngjae sat beside her before Nayeon went to sit beside her making her smile and hug the older girl before Mark snapped Nayeon from her.

“Mine.” Mark snapped.

“Yahh~” Nayeon whispered looking up at him who just hugged her.

Most of the times, the girls feels bad for Sana and they want to get to the bottom of it but she’s not opening up to them, she even tries to dodge the questions relating to that night when any of the girls open it up.

Nayeon’s phone vibrated making her let go of Mark and read it before glancing at Jungyeon who sent the message.

From. Jungyeonie

Sana is crying and we’re watching a horror movie.

Nayeon glanced at the other girls who seem to have receive the same message because each one of them are trying to catch even the slightest glimpse of her.

“Gwenchana? (Are you okay?)” Nayeon whispered to Sana smiled genuinely and nodded her head.

“Ne unnie.” Sana answered and held Nayeon’s hand, “Thank you for asking.”

Nayeon rubbed her thumb against the back of her hand, “You can tell me anything Sana yah. When you are ready… anything at all. Okay?”

She nodded her head again, “Ne unnie. Gomawo.”