Chapter 10

Nayeon strode round the household at two in the morning and she can't get herself to sleep. She's roommates with Sana and Dahyun; who are already asleep comfortably but Nayeon can't get over what happened previously. She looked around the modern interior which is too beautiful for her liking. She still can't fathom why those guys needs her, why those people wants to go after her when she doesn't even know them.

"You can't sleep too?" Jinyoung questioned from the living room making Nayeon jump back with her hands over her chest.

"Oppa, you frightened me." She breathed out, "You can't sleep too?"

"Actually, I can but it's impossible when your roommate keeps twisting and turning on the bed. It's impressive how Yugyeom was able to sleep with Mark hyung acting like a worm poured with salt at this hour."

"Mark oppa?" She asked puffing her cheeks making Jinyoung nod his head, "Wae?"

"Molla. Perhaps he can't stop thinking about you." He stated making her chuckle, "You should not leave this home without any guy with you. If possible, we can adjust our schedules for practice and spend most of our time here."

"What if they'll find out where we are?" She asked, opening up to Jinyoung comfortably since he is like a brother to her, "What if they don't get scared of being seen any longer? What if they try to hurt any of you? My conscience can't deal with that."

"Doesn't matter what happens to us, you girls should be unharmed." He retorted and tapped the space beside him, "Come, and sit here."

"Aniyo. Gwenchana." Nayeon embraced herself and headed to the kitchen.

"I know you for so long now Nayeon-ah. I know you're blaming yourself when you shouldn't be." He explained, "Things happens and those guys are after you. You don't have to blame yourself. For all we know they could be after Mina or any of the girls too, but we will still help you nonetheless."

"It's just annoying thinking about the fact that you guys are getting involved because of me." She admitted pouring some water into the glass.

"Of course, it is." He agreed, "If I were you, I will be too. But we care for you too much to actually be annoyed by the fact that our place was trashed. That place was too old anyway. In a matter of time, we are going to move out. It just happened way before we have planned it."

Nayeon smiled facing Jinyoung as she leaned her back against the sink and brought the glass closer to her mouth, "Your previous place was so unlikely you, by the way oppa."

Jinyoung laughed, the sides of his eyes wrinkles every time he does, which Nayeon finds attractive, "I know. Your hyung wanted to stay there since it's cheap. You know him. He doesn't like to depend on others even though it is already offered to him."

Nayeon nodded her head with a smile, "Oppa is like that. But I love him more than anything."

"More than Mark hyung?" Jinyoung asked with a teasing tone.

Nayeon nodded her head, "More than Mark oppa. Jaebum oppa is my brother, Jinyoung oppa. He is more important to me than anyone else."

"I get what you mean."

"Oppa, I'll be going back to our room. Aren't you going back yet?" She asked placing the glass on the sink and headed to the stairs.

"I'll sleep here." He replied with a nod, "You sleep well Nayeon-ah. I really can't sleep there."

"Ne. Good night oppa."

~~~

The following day, Mark and Jaebum didn't go to school to accompany Nayeon home. She didn't wish to go and she couldn't picture out how she's going to respond by the moment she sees Jennie. The girls, on the other hand, chose to go to school unaccompanied by any of the guys which caused disagreement from mostly of the boys particularly the youngest two. The girls knew about Jennie, Nayeon have told them. And as soon as they saw Jennie in school, they tried their best to act normal even though they wanted to rip her into pieces especially Jungyeon and Tzuyu. She asked them where Nayeon was and the girls needed to act as if don't know.