~Study~

Momo's POV

          Our exams were almost near as we only have one week to prepare and to study. As much as training ourselves especially with our quirks is important, even we must manage our time to focus on our studies as well.

I decided to head to the library after school, to peacefully study there.

Once classes was over, I told some of my friends that they should go ahead since I'll get back to the dorms in a little while.

I walked to the library and entered it. There weren't that many students here but it's good to study alone especially when you need to focus.

I found myself a table and sat down. I grabbed a few my books and notebooks out of my bag and started to review my notes.

          About a few minutes have passed and I was able to gone through at least two subjects. I then noticed that I forgot to bring my English book in my locker. I sighed as I closed my History book and got out of my seat to find an English book I can use.

I quietly walked between the shelves in the English aisle, where English stories, dictionaries and textbooks were seen.

I let my finger brushed on the different books that were organized on the shelves, reading every title of each one of them to find the type of book I was looking for.

I guess because the exams are almost near for the freshmen, many students at my year must have taken most of the English books that I need as well.

          After a little while of looking, I walked to the next aisle and spotted a familiar face who was reading a book. My squinted to look closer to what type of book he was reading and I noticed it was the one that I was trying to look for.

The person looked really familiar as I instantly knew it was Awase.

"Awase?" I called out to him quietly, but loud enough for him to hear me.

I caught his attention and he soon noticed me, "Oh, hi Y-Yaoyorozu.."

I smiled as I walked over to him, "I never knew you were the type of person to go here."

He chuckled, "I was planning to just study at the dorms, but I also had the feeling I won't get the peace and quiet I need to focus."

I giggled, "Same here actually, I was supposed to find an English book since I forgot mine but...I guess you found it already."

His eyes widened, "Oh I-I'm sorry..I didn't know you needed it."

"It's fine, are you with anyone?" I asked.

"Not really, just by myself. Are you alone here as well?"

"Yeah.."

We both just stood there awkwardly as he coughed to break the silence between us.

"Umm..if you want, you can have the book." He said.

"It's okay, you need it as well. Unless, you and I can study together..?" I offered.

Awase slightly blushed, "U-Umm...sure..? If you're okay with it though."

"Of course I am!! I'm the one offering to you if you wanna study together." I chuckled.

He nervously chuckled, "Yeah you're right."

We both walked over to my table.

I then asked, "Did you bring anything with you or maybe placed your stuff down on a desk?"

"Nope, all my stuff are still here in my bag. Plus, I mostly just have the habit to read books first before finding myself a table." He answered.

"Oh..I see."

He and I sat down on the table beside together.

"Wow, you really have a lot of notes and books here." Awase pointed out in surprise.

I chuckled, "Well, you never know when to be prepared."

"So...what subject do you want to learn first?" He asked.

"Math..??"

He then banged his head on the table and I just laughed.

"Do you really hate that subject?"

"I sure do." He chuckled.

I giggled, "It's not that bad. Besides, the only thing that's hard is when it comes to remembering formulas and solving, especially mental solving."

"I honestly don't mind mental solving." He replied which made me a bit shocked.

"Really??"

"Yeah, I remember my parents would always teach me how to mental solve at a very young age." Awase chuckled.

I then smirked, "Hmm...you sure you can actually mental solve? I thought you said you don't like math."

He scoffed, "I may not like it but I'm not that dumb."

We both laughed.

"Okay, let's test it." I said as I grabbed my calculator out of my bag and a piece of paper and a pencil.

I then started to think of a simple math equation that we're learning as of the moment.

I cleared my throat, "Okay...find the value of y if x equals to zero. 2x + 5y = 10" 

"2." He simply answered.

"That's correct. Next, find the value of if x equals to three. 78x - 9 = y."

"225."

My eyes widened, "Wow...that was quick."

"I told ya." He laughed.

I continued to ask him more questions and despite the different values between the equations I'm giving, he still manages to answer them quickly.

"You were not wrong when you know how to mentally solve." I said in shock.

Awase chuckled, "There are times where I'm not that quick to solve, but I mostly try to solve it in my head. Although if there are times when I really get a hard time, I really need a paper."

I giggled, "But even so, you're very quite intelligent."

"Thanks."

"Now let's just get back in studying." I smiled.

"Yeah, we should." He chuckled.