~School Festival~

Awase's POV

          The School Festival was just right around the corner. A lot of planning and preparing has been achieved during the few weeks we are given for the festival.

          Our class decided to perform an original written play, well more like a play where we just mixed a bunch of movies. Honestly, the story idea was mostly written by Monoma so very understandable.

The mix of movies that were used were Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings, with a story of Romeo and Juliet of course.

I was given the role to play as one of the main characters with Shoda, Monoma, Tetsutetsu and Kodai.

Sadly, Kendo was forced by Monoma himself to participate in the Beauty Pageant.

Some of us are gonna play as some background characters yet most of us took part in just doing the props for our play.

"Alright everyone!! We've only got a few weeks to prepare!! Actors, make sure to practice your lines and the others, work hard for the props!!" Monoma announced.

          I was in the halls and walking around, reading the lines and knowing how the story will go. I was honestly a bit overwhelmed by how much I'm gonna speak, since I'm technically not a very good actor.

I kept reading the script over and over again until I heard my name being called.

"Hey Awase!!" 

I turned around and saw Yaoyorozu waving at me as she walked towards me. It's honestly been a while since I've last seen her after the camp.

"H-Hi Yaoyorozu!" I smiled as I blushed a little.

"It's been a while since we've last encountered."

"It really has. How are you?" 

"I'm good! I'm just feeling excited and nervous at the same time for the School Festival." She nervously chuckled.

"I can say the same here. Even if our performance is the whole class, it's still pretty nerve-wracking." I laughed.

Yaoyorozu then noticed the script I was holding and I instantly hid it behind me.

"Was that a script I saw?" She asked.

"N-NO..!!" My face turned red.

"Really?? Then what is it??" She smirked.

"U-Umm...this is umm..h-homework..!!"

"Homework?? I thought the teachers told us that we wouldn't be given any homework or assignments due to the preparations of the School Festival." Yaoyorozu snickered.

I mentally facepalmed as I forgot about that. I replied, "U-Uhhh...."

She laughed, "It's fine, Awase. Besides, I already know what performance your class will perform."

"You do??" I raised a brow.

"Yep!! Kendo told me you're all gonna be performing a play, right?"

"Y-Yeah.." I shyly chuckled, "How about you guys??"

She smiled, "We're gonna be having a rock band. I'm gonna play the piano."

My eyes widened in surprise, "You can play the piano??"

"Yup!! That's why I'm excited because I get to show my skills on the piano, but feeling nervous is also something I have as well since I never show it to a lot of people." She nervously laughed.

"Well I think you'll do great!! You literally have fans who will be supporting you anyways, and your classmates are there to support you, including me!" I smiled.

Yaoyorozu slightly blushed, "Thank you Awase!! Are you one of the actors in your play?"

"Kind of?? I'm more of a supporting character.." I chuckled nervously.

"Awase, where are you?? Monoma is looking for the main characters and you're the only one left who's not in the classroom!!" I heard Tetsutetsu calling me.

I am so gonna end this man's life.

I looked back at Yaoyorozu and I can tell she was holding in her laugh.

My cheeks were burning up as I answered him back, "Yeah yeah I'm on my way!!"

Yaoyorozu giggled, "I guess based on what Tetsutetsu said, you really are gonna play one of the main characters."

"I'm a terrible liar, aren't I?" I laughed.

She chuckled, "Yeah, you kind are."

"But I think you would do a better job during your performance." I chuckled.

"Well I think you would do better." She giggled.

Tetsutetsu then called out to me again, "Awase!!! Monoma said stop flirting with Yaoyoro--"

"TELL HIM I'M NOT FLIRTING WITH HER!!" I yelled back.

I heard him gulp in fear and replied back, "Okie dokie!"

"Monoma thinks you're flirting with me?" She smirked.

"Well I'm only talking to you." I chuckled.

"Welp, I guess we better go now. I hope to watch your play, Awase!!" Yaoyorozu smiled.

"I hope to watch you play the piano, Yaoyorozu!" I smiled back.

We then both parted ways and I walked back to my classroom where I saw Tetsutetsu waiting for me.

"There you are!! Monoma was really getting mad but Kendo calmed him down." He said.

"By her karate-chopping him?" I chuckled.

"Yeah." Tetsutetsu laughed, "By the way, just to clarify, you weren't flirting with Yaoyorozu, right?"

"Does it look like I'm the type of guy to flirt at girls all of a sudden??" I looked at him with no expression.

"Not really but you did say that she's your cru--" I then cut him off by covering his mouth.

"Just shush." 

He then saluted, "Mhm!"