~Royal Fantasy AU PART 2~

Awase's POV

Night had soon fallen and right after dinner, Princess Momo immediately asked permission from both her parents if she and I can go to the gardens and they allowed her.

We were both now walking alongside together through the beautiful flowers as the bright moon and stars lit up the sky.

"Awase, I feel...scared.." The princess spoke.

"Why are you scared?" I asked.

"I don't want to get married to Todoroki. He seems like a nice person, but we've only met once. We barely even got ourselves a conversation of our own." She said in worrisome.

I rubbed the back of her back to comfort her, "I know Momo, but your parents are doing this arranged marriage for your own good."

"But...what if....I love someone else?"

My eyes widened in shock as I couldn't believe what she just said.

She....loves someone else??? W-Who? Get it together Awase, just try not to be too obvious.

"Y-You...do??" I asked, tryung to hold back my sorrow.

"Yeah, but I don't think he likes me back."

"What makes tou say that?" I raised a brow.

"Because...he and I are such good friends and...I don't want to break the amazing relationship I have with him. He's been there for me for a really long time and I just can't confess. Plus, my parents will be really mad at me."

I looked at her with a soft smile, "Momo, whoever this person that you really love a lot, must mean the world to you. It sounds like you and him have quite a lot in common but at the same time, a few differences between each other. But overall, you both sound like you really care for each other. I'm sure he'll love you back, and if he doesn't, then that's his fault. All I know is that you shouldn't miss the opportunity when it's right in front of you."

She looked at me and we were both just walking without even looking away.

Momo and I are used to these kinds of eye contacts, yet they always make my heart beat faster than lightning.

Momo let out a deep breath before saying, "Then...Awase..I...need to tell you something important."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, "What is it?"

Her face started to turn red, "I--"

"Princess Yaoyorozu!! It's time for bed, your majesty!" One of the maids called her.

"Well, looks like it's getting late. Maybe you can tell me about it tomorrow." I said.

"Y-Yeah..that'd be okay.."

"Goodnight, Momo." I smiled.

She smiled back, "Goodnight to you too, Awase."

She then walked away. I felt like I needed to this, I know there are more days that I can do this but...I can't risk this chance, I love her yet she loves someone else...

Before she could go anywhere farther, I grabbed her hand and she stopped in her tracks.

Momo turned around in surprise, "A-Awase?"

I then caressed her hand as I lift up a bit and bowed down to plant a light kiss on it.

"A-Awase..!" The princess blushed.

I stood up straight before whispering to her ear as I rubbed her knuckles with my thumb, "I pray for a good future for you, Momo. I love you."

I then slowly let go of her hand and took one last look at her, seeing Momo blushing madly with a shocked expression.

I smiled a bit and walked the other way since that's where I sleep.

"A-Awase!!" She tried to call me but I pretended I didn't hear it.

I continued to walk before I could reach to the sleeping area for the servants and maids of the castle.

Time skip: The next morning...

I was at the dining room, making sure everything was set up and prepared for the breakfast of the Royal Family.

The king and queen came down to the dining area and took a seat.

"Is our daughter here yet?" The king asked the nearby maid.

"No sir, she hasn't came down from her room yet."

He sighed and soon looked at me, "Awase, please call the princess and tell her about this morning's breakfast."

"Y-Yes sir.."

I went oit of the dining room and made my way to Momo's bedroom.

I couldn't really focus that much, all I could think about was my sudden confession to her last night and I don't even know if I have the guts to speak to her or even look at her.

I soon arrived at her door and let out a deep breath before knocking on it, "Mo- I mean umm..Princess Momo, breakfast is ready. Please come down."

All of a sudden, I heard sobbing noises coming from the other side of this door.

I knocked once more, "Momo, is everything alright in there?"

There was no response other than the continuous sobbing.

I was getting worried as I just turned the doorknob and opened it.

Once I entered, I slowly closed the door so kmno one would hear us and there she was, the princess sobbing in her bed with her head burried into her pillows.

"Momo, is something wrong? What happened?" I asked.

She then looked at me and I saw the bloodshot eyes and her stained tears on her cheeks.

Momo stood up from the bed and walked towards me. Then unexpectedly, she held my hand and asked,

"Do you really love me?"

My eyes widened as I blushed, "Y-Yes but I can understand if--"

I was then cut off from her kissing me.