Neko | Omar x Mateo

[REQUESTED]

This ship was requested by Quexitie_, thank you for requesting! Hope you enjoy!

I'm surprised people are still requesting, not that it's bad, but this book is trashy and old, I- I'm just surprised, that's all.

Neko prompt, y'all? If you don't know what that is, it means that one will be part neko (cat/kitten), part humanoid. So half cat, half human.

F for Colleen and Cody.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

"Play!" Mateo mewled, pawing at the darker brunette. Omar shook his head at the boy, but ruffled his brown locks. He was typing something up, most likely his essay assignment in school. The smaller boy watched his hands go up and down on the keys.

"No, kitten, not right now," he said, continuing to tap on the keyboard. Flipping his pointy ears down, Mateo mewed again, with more pity filling his voice. Omar sighed. With this boy, he probably was going to fail English at this point, but he just can't help smiling at him.

Shutting the computer lid shut, he sat back and continued to stroke the smaller boy's hair, gently touching the pointy ears sticking above the waves of brown hair. Mateo purred in delight at the motion, he loved being cuddled by his boyfriend. Omar continued to cuddle the brunette with uttermost care, with soft laughter.

Mateo was homeschooled for most of middle school and high school, as it was a disaster from the beginning of middle school. He didn't always have his cat-like features, it just came from lab testing. He was angry at his parents, angry at the scientists who let him be a test subject, being some sort of useless tool that they didn't like. He was injected with some sort of DNA manipulator that contained a bit of a wildcat's genes.

Why was he tested on? Well, Mateo was smaller than most kids of his age, and, although he was very smart and talented, his parents didn't see it that way. They thought he was some sort of runt in the family, and basically allowed for testing on him specifically. So after being tested on (and getting the new features of a cat), he moved on to live with his aunt and uncle, who actually loved him for who he was. Not by his looks.

Everyone made fun of him, even though he wasn't as small or as fragile as before. They only saw him as some worthless piece of trash that somebody threw away. They pulled, laughed, and taunted his new ears, tail, etc.

Only one person didn't join the crowd. After the bullies had left, he held out his hand to the smaller brunette, who watched him carefully with his brown eyes. Was this some sort of joke?

"You okay?" he asked, helping Mateo up. He stepped back quickly, eyeing the boy. He was aware that people tended to "befriend" him only for the laughs afterward.

"Why do you need to know?" Mateo snapped, looking away. The boy just stared at Mateo's tail, which wavered in anger and sadness.

The boy then looked up and said, "Because I want to be your friend... aren't you unhappy to be lonely...?"

Mateo shook his head, tears slowly formed as he stared down at his feet. Nobody ever asked his feelings, nobody cared to be his friend. Nobody. But now this boy is asking to be his friend?

His head was then filled with slight anger. He's probably going to think I'm so gullible to fall for his tricks. At the thought, he was then shocked to see that the taller brunette was hugging him. What is he doing?

Mateo's feelings of anger subsided for the moment as his mind thought to process this. Affection? No, can't be, he wasn't nice to this boy at all. Why was he acting this way?

"I know you're not like this at all," the boy spoke, quiet but clear. Mateo cocked his ears up slightly, but lowered them.

Mateo was soon un-enrolled from his school, due to the bullying and other circumstances. His legal guardians (aunt and uncle) helped homeschool him, along with his new "friend" from school, who also came over every day to keep him company.

"So, kitten, what's on your mind?" Omar asked, stuffing the textbooks back into his schoolbag. It was just an ordinary after-school day, and Omar was just explaining to Mateo what they had learned in school. Mateo frowned slightly at the nickname, it sounded nice, but he was always embarrassed by it.

"I'm just wondering..." Mateo started, flushing as he paused, "...do you like anybody in particular...?"

"Hmm, I'll have to think about it," Omar replied, "I don't really find anyone attractive at the moment, only this one boy who I usually meet after school..."

Mateo felt a bit of jealousy at the last part. Didn't Omar like him or anything, or was this whole "hangout" thing for nothing?

Omar looked over at Mateo, who looked a bit annoyed. "Why the long face? Jealous?"

"Yes, obviously!" Mateo snapped, making Omar laugh.

"Well, since I feel nice, and I'm in a good mood today, I'll tell you more about them," Omar smirked, which made Mateo's pointy ears lay back in annoyance. "They're cute, funny, and they're sitting right in this room."

Mateo couldn't see what was funny about it at first, but then realized what Omar was talking about. He was talking about him-

Omar ruffled Mateo's hair and stroked his ears, and without realizing it, Mateo started to purr. He had the reaction of a cat, alright, and doesn't really notice things too easily because of it. Talk about cat-like reaction-

But now, Mateo felt a bit more happy about life, even though it would never be the same. He was just happy to live the moment.