Cuddles | Minji x Liling

[WRITTEN]

Author's Note: I've heard of this ship and I ship it, uwu, Minling/Lilinji content here! I don't know what the ship name is called, but enjoy!

THE ORIGINAL PROMPT:

Before they started dating, Minji and Liling are best friends. Like the kind of best friends that have known each other since they were in diapers. Whenever Liling would get upset, hurt or just really tired, she would snuggle up on Minji and nuzzle her face into the crook of Minji's neck. It comforts both.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

[LILING]

In a flash, I forgot all about my worries, all my thoughts, and all the pain.

It may sound a bit awkward, but I just rest my head on my best friend's shoulder.

It's just so cozy and comforting when I need it. She's always there for me whenever I need the sympathy, whenever I felt miserable or just needed someone to talk to. She shushes me gently, then lets me rest.

Every single time, I curl up on the couch with her, just like best friends do. Nothing out of the ordinary, we were used to this notion ever since.

I just admire her confidence and how beautiful she is! It makes me the happiest person to see her smile.

[MINJI]

I hold my arm over Liling's shoulder as she shifts herself closer. It tickles a bit, but I don't worry at all. As long as she feels alright, it makes me happy.

It makes me nervous and anxious when nobody's around. It feels lonely. I just enjoy having somebody's company around, especially when it was her.

After a regular session of this, I could see a faint blush on her face, making her cheeks turn a light pink. I tell her that it looks cute, which makes her face turn even more red.

I was confused when she got up to leave, a glare in my direction with those piercing eyes I grew to love. Did I say something wrong?

"Ling? Is something the matter?" I ask, worry lacing my voice.

[LILING]

Oh god, she made a move...

I could feel my whole face heating up. What was this? Embarrassment, annoyance... possibly something else-

I thought about the note that was written a while ago in kindergarten by Minji. She had written "You are so sweet!" on it, which I had kept and loved all this time.

I would look up to it every morning and cherish the time I spent with my best friend.

I always thought our relationship was close, but never have I thought we would go further than that.

I got up to leave, the red leaving my cheeks. I couldn't do this, no, she would think I'm a fool for thinking about it.

[MINJI]

I felt a bit saddened at her sudden leave. I didn't mean to make her feel bad! I just... didn't know what came over me, saying she was adorable and all that...