Chapter 16- Eudaemonia.

Saying I'm furious would be an understatement, Kim Taehyung really had the audacity to say those words to my face. It takes my mind back to the time when I first confessed my feelings to him, he said he wasn't ready and I decided I'd give him the time which he requires since he did have a rough childhood and I didn't wanna lose him as a friend just for the sake of my feelings.

I can never be that selfish, soon years passed by and Taehyung never came to a point where he'd accept me truly as a lover because all along it's been one sided by me or maybe the urge of having someone who could finally love me was making me desperate.

I was stupid, my parents left me with so many insecurities that I always tried my best to look the good in everyone which backfired on me multiple times. But now I'm happy with Jungkook, he sticked by his words and treated me like a queen everyday. We both share similar kinds of issues from past which allows us to create a beautiful future and I've never been this happier because he's everything that I'm not. Maybe Taehyung was just not meant for me since day one and I'm thankful that we didn't end up in an actual relationship or else it would have been just me investing my feelings in meanwhile he'd be forced to stick along by my side and I can never cage someone like that.

"Taehyung I just don't understand you, what's your issue really? I'm slowly falling for Jungkook and I'm very happy with him. He's making me feel like a new happy human being as if I never had any issues in the first place so please just stop with you saying that at least because both of us that isn't true" I tried to calm myself because at the end he's still my friend even though I might not see him as one especially after this conversation because the way he acted today was totally disappointing,

I already knew that the whole story was a lie because at the end Kim Taehyung was my best friend at some point for years.

"He doesn't even know you okay! I have been with you since years and I have enough money to support us with all the luxury meanwhile he's a pathetic orphan and someone you picked up from road. Use your brain Y/n, I know you are smart enough to understand that life isn't a fairy tale!" Taehyung argued back with a clenched jaw leaving me speechless.

He's just mad because he can't accept the fact that I'm happy without him? he's just upset because he can't accept the fact that he might actually have someone who truly cares for him but his homophobic ass just doesn't accept it? he's truly pathetic at this rate and a part of me truly feels bad for Jimin despite of our differences.

"Don't you dare!" I stood up as the anger took over the best of me,

"How dare you speak like that about my Jungkook huh? he's suffered so much yet he's humble and guess what I love him from the whole of my heart and I'd stick by him even if he is jobless because that guy worked hard for what he has unlike you. It's a shame that I've known you for years but yet you couldn't make me feel like home for once but even though I've known Jungkook for months yet still he makes me feel like I'm in comfort and warmth of the home I never had, I'm glad you walked out of my like because now I've found a gem like Jungkook to have my forever with" I could see the unknown mixture of disgust and disappointment in his eyes.

The disappointment was more evident, Taehyung inherited a lot of money because of his family but still he decided to work around just for fun. His work doesn't even require much efforts because mostly he's just supervising people working under him while going through the footage which is basically nothing. That being said him belittling people is the most disgusting part of it all.

"He's really got his hooks into you hasn't he? tch you know what Y/n maybe the reason why our friendship broke in the first place was because of you.

You'll never understand what the survival of the fittest means neither did you wait for me! Didn't you confess that you loved me then what's this huh?" he smiled sarcastically as he ranted out, making me wonder: wasn't he here to apologize? he's back to his older self speaking out bullshit through the phone but now that he's saying this in person it's just unbearable.