Chapter 31- Kalon.

They say If a man cannot understand the beauty of life, it is probably because life never understood the beauty in him but then what if one day there's someone in your life who makes you understand that beauty and flips your world upside down for the better. "Taehyung you are home!" Mom cheered up as I faked a smiled while placing down the files I was carrying earlier. The place never changed and I don't expect it to change anytime soon, "I need to talk to you and dad" I mumbled out before walking into the living room without hugging her which caused her to sense that something was off.

"Oh boy, why didn't you inform us that you were coming home? we would have prepared your favourite dishes" Dad laughed while hugging me tight while Mom stood behind him with a water bottle for me but this time she looked worried and concerned about what was up with me and my mood. "What's the news?" Dad questioned while taking a seat, Mom sat by him while I gulped down some water to calm my heart down.

"I'm not dating Y/n" I breathed out seeing thier bright faces drop down into disappointment as they expected me to date her from the very beginning but now I crashed all of thier delusional hopes within a mere moment. "I'm not done yet" I interrupted my father from speaking, "I'm dating someone and I love that person whole heartedly. That person understands me for who I am and truly accepts me, with them I feel like I am myself again and it's only because of that person I feel alive. Y/n is with someone she loves as well and I'm happy for her. The person I am with is the one I love and is the one I see my future with, to have kids with and to grow old with. That person has picked me up when I was broken and now I understand how beautiful love is."

I could imagine Jimin blushing while I praised my love for him since I wasn't the most talkative about my feelings but for him, with him things just change for the better and even the flinching touches becomes soothing. Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust them because behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain."Who is she? I mean if you really love her that much then me and your mom would love to meet her and all we want now is for you to settle down, to have kids so I guess this is for the best" Dad smiled, even though he was upset that Y/n wasn't the one I was with but still for him the fact that I was now working by his side and was serious about marriage and having kids was more than just enough.

"He" I corrected my parents but my eyes never dared to leave the surface of our house, the same surface that once calmed me down was the reason behind my nightmares now and I didn't know if I'd be ever able to see it again in my life after this moment of truth. "I beg your pardon?" Dad's voice reached my ears causing me to finally look up to to find my mothers teary orbs knowing what I meant. "His name is Park Jimin and I love him" my voice cracked down only to be faced by nothing but an uncomfortable scratching silence that tortured each and every cell of my body alive causing the immense unknown pain to pang all over my heart.

Mom used to say that there is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves but what now? why was I so scared to show my true self even though I knew I wasn't just embarrassed. I knew I could walk on a crowded streets with Jimin hand by hand and even kiss him in front of everyone because all that mattered to me was his love for now. I was tired, tired from letting the ocean of opinions shape me and then drown me soon after but what about my own heart that supports my life? Is this how I return my favour to it? By being a coward and not accepting my true feelings and by keeping everyone happy at the cost of breaking my petal's heart.

"Stop....is this some kind of joke because it's not funny son so now get to the point, look if the girl you love is poor then it's fine too because at this point all I care about you is settling. As long as the girl is well mannered and pretty to match our household then that's more than enough besides media will spare us some good words in the next article for not marrying someone rich for money" Dad commented while chuckling towards the end as I rolled my eyes not believing his word even at a situation like this. "It's not a damn joke" I replied in a stern tone, my face remained the same as it was before, staring at my father who now seemed to realize that I was indeed not joking and had finally came out.