Business as Usual - Chapter 58

Nothing had gone horribly...

Yet.

Judith and Rai had been settled into their own accommodations and were currently escorted towards Supreme Leader Snokes Chambers. However, both you and Kylo hadn't been summoned, which meant one thing; he wanted to evaluate them himself.

Kylo could see that you were tense. Allowing Judith and Rai to go alone to meet Snoke isn't the greatest idea in the world, but if we were going to be partners with them, we needed to know if they could deal with Snoke easily enough like you both could. "___" Kylo muttered, knocking you out of your trance.

"What?" you muttered back, keeping your eyes on the tablet in front of you; the screen lighting slightly changed the colour of your eyes, making Kylo lost for a moment, mesmerised. Noticing that he hadn't answered back from your uninterested answer, you looked up at him to be met with his lips.

Slightly taken back at his sudden romantic gesture, you took a step back, but Kylo's arms were around your waist within seconds, holding you closer to him. Never would you ever reject a kiss from him, you lent back towards him. The shortest 3 seconds of your life passed as he pulled away from you, leaving you feeling slightly neglected. He smirked and kissed your forehead, and as quick as you were within his arms, he was gone again. You were about to question why he'd just suddenly walked away; you noticed that people were staring. You rolled your eyes mentally and began gently tapping against the surface of the tablet again. 

"You're not getting away with kissing me like that and then walking away, Mr Ren", You mentally spoke. "Prepare yourself", your eyes followed to where Kylo was standing; he'd already had heard your "Mentally muttering." He simply turned slightly into your direction and stuck his tongue out. You gripped your tablet slightly; he was making fun of you, not because you were silly but because you were preoccupied with thinking of Rai and Judith. You chuckled, closing your eyes. You needed to concentrate on the work you had in front of you; Snoke had ordered it, so it must be done.

Within seconds of going by, your fingers had begun speedily moving across the surface of the tablet, mission reports, updating schedules and re-writing any coding that had gone wrong when you both were away. Yes, Hux was good at his job, but he mostly liked to concentrate on the major things in front of him; everything else was left to others and "these others" weren't exactly good at their jobs. One of the things Snoke almost had you study was how to perfectly run The Star Destroyer if both Kylo and Hux were not present. Plus, human resources were easier for you to do then Kylo, which made complete sense.

(Sorry this chapter is so short. I'm really not well now, and I'm trying my best to plan and write out drafts for the new chapters, but concentrating at the moment is becoming quite difficult. I'm hoping Surgery becomes an Option pretty soon, I was supposed to go in last year, but because of Covid, many things have been put on hold. I hope you guys can understand if these chapters are going to be less frequent, then they have been or when they're uploaded. I haven't given up on this story at all, I have a goal in sight for how this story does finish, but that isn't anywhere close).