Returning to Base - Chapter 57

After a few days of spending time with Judith's group, you'd learnt a thing or two.

One, Judith may be the boss of the operation. But, Rai was the majority of the brains, you knew he was smart and undoubtedly smarter than anyone you ever knew, but this had blown your mind when Judith had told you and Kylo that most of the Plans against the Rebel forces or The Rebel Alliance, this information also confused you "Why would one of your best friends who's always been on the side of Justice team up and defend rebels or Rogues going against a power that is fighting for the good side?" You knew that The Order isn't exactly good in any sense, and they've left a lot of black stains in their path towards dominance within the galaxy; even though you still knew this, you still wanted to be part of their power, yes, Kylo was one of those parts but for you wanting to belong to the Dark side "The First Order" was built up of many different aspects of how you've developed upon the Star Destroyer. Still, Rai was different from you in many senses, but you knew that you'd known the old Rai, not the new one in front of you. Many things have happened that have changed his way of viewing the world, and this meant embracing everything that Rai has now become just how we'd embraced how you'd changed both mentally and physically. Rai knew that the old you wouldn't take life's without a valid reason, not because of a label like "A Mission" or "I was ordered too". 

Both of you had changed, for better or worse? You both couldn't quite tell.

Both of you had become Popular Monsters, developed and moulded with help and consistent pressure. Rai found his way out, and that was with Judith, nothing could change this development, and you didn't really need to; Rai was within himself and with everyone around him happy to live how he is now.

You turned towards your friend and smiled silently. Things had changed almost too much for either of you to understand completely, but you both knew where you wanted to go and how you'd get there. And, with Rai beside you, alongside with Kylo and Judith, a new form of Power would be able to form within The First Order, something that Supreme Leader Snoke wanted.

As more memories and thoughts spread through your mind, someone spoke up, knocking you out of your trance.

"So, what are we expecting when we've arrived at The Star Destroyer?". Judith muttered, speaking up louder since she had noticed you weren't all there.

Sighing, you pulled yourself back into the now and here. "We'll first get you introduced to our Leader and Master, Supreme Leader Snoke", Kylo answered. "He'll need to be notified immediately... He's been cut off of any information as far, and it's best not to keep him behind anymore". You nodded, agreeing with Kylo, and you winced at the thought of Supreme Leader Snoke bursting your eardrums with complaints and annoyance at your tardy disgrace of communication. "Kylo's right. Supreme Leader Snoke comes first", You muttered, sighing, as you rubbed your temple with your fingertips. "He's going to be less than amused with how we've conducted these meetings, after all". 

 Judith nodded. "Anything we need to know?" She asked, "He's the top dog of The First Order; I like to be informed on who I'm meeting". Judith noticed your shoulders drop. "Respect." You said bluntly. "Show him the utmost respect". Judith could see the slight fear dwelling within you, not that it overflowed from you but enough to show her that Supreme Leade Snoke meant business. "Respect was always going to be a point. Anything else?" She asked.

"Answer him as Supreme Leader Snoke and nothing else, do not talk about him or undermined his questions or answers. If you don't understand anything that he means, then leave it be. He hates having to explain himself," Kylo answered her question. "Our Master has a minimal span of patience, and it'll either end with your death or someone else's". 

You nodded in agreement."Snoke is someone you should never underestimate, under any circumstances," You answered. "I've trained under him for almost a year now, and I still can't understand him. Well, not enough for it to be helpful".

Rai chipped into the conversation. "What about you, Kylo?" He asked, "Do you know anything that could we use for us?" Rai smiled harmlessly, but you could sense something was behind his question. 

Kylo answered his question honestly, "No". Was his answer. You knew why and it was one of the reasons why you'd keep your mind closed around Kylo when things like this were discussed; Kylo couldn't completely keep Snoke out of his mind as you could. One of those reasons was Snoke didn't care for your business since all of it always included Snoke anyways, plus trying to control you was pointless. Why make a puppet out of a decently good pawn?

Sounds of descent that the ship was beginning to land became noticeable. Kylo stood up from his seat without a sound and proceeded towards the back of the ship.

You stood up a little after Kylo did, but you didn't follow him; you stood in front of Judith and Rai and spoke up. "Remember, To show utmost respect to Supreme Leader Snoke, anything else after that will have to happen as it goes". You gently gripped the handle of your left sword, turning away from both of them and whispered.

"Let's hope nothing else goes wrong".