Shield - Chapter 40. EDIT

As you passed the bodies of the fallen Rogues, pity lingered within you. You thought that killing people would be harder than this, but within seconds you had killed four people, Kylo six and Hux with his group of Stormtroopers it equalled to eleven in total.

But just like slicing through thick butter, they were gone. No light left just a dark void through their eyes. The wind howled through the camp of the Rogues, but you couldn't hear a thing, only the replays of screams and cries for forgiveness and the begs of whimpering men who did not wish to die.

"How foolish!" Hux spat.

His comment snapped you out of your trance, but the feelings still linger. "What?" you questioned. Hux turned to you pointing at two captured men "And what are we expecting from them?" he muttered, "Look at them!" Disgust covered his words.

You ever so reluctantly huffed out the last of the air within your lungs and answered Hux "That doesn't matter" you answered, "We need information and with Kylo's help" nudging your head into Kylo's direction "We'll find the answers to those questions". Hux huffed, he knew you were right but didn't want to acknowledge it. You smirked, even if Hux was a snake sometimes and boy can he be a right arsehole as well, but you knew deep down you could always trust him, his loyalty to Snoke meant Loyalty to yourself. Hux doesn't really show it much to Kylo since he's basically his rival in pretty much everything, but he secretly shows it now and then when he thinks no one is around.

Kylo was about 15 feet away from both you and Hux; he was speaking to a few Stormtroopers when something caught the corner of your eye, a shadow? A figure? Whipping your head around to see if your suspicions were correct, nothing. No, shadow to be seen, no person to be spoken of.

"What?" Hux questioned "What are you looking for?" as he turned his view behind him. You shook your head "Nothing, I thought I saw something, but it's nothing" you answered, surely your eyes were playing tricks on you? But deep down you felt something was out of place, something didn't make sense but what was it?

Hux could see the uncertainty in your eyes and decided to take matters into his own hands, he turned around and began to move towards the area that you saw the lingering shadow "Hux?!" you shouted "What are you doing?" your feet carried after him. The fear lingering within you began to rise, what was this fear you felt?

Kylo had sensed your distress, had begun to follow after you both, but at a slower pace the snow had begun to pile on the surface, and it was becoming harder to walk even with the specialised boots.

Just has your fear rose, so did a black cloaked figure, the figure leapt down from the tip of the ice shard, landing within arm's reach of Hux. Pulling out a sharp but small blade that was hidden underneath his cloak, Hux slid back trying to remove himself from the dangers of the blade, but his footing slid as his backside slammed into the ice, warning bells screamed in the backs of your head, what could you do?!

You could hear the Stormtroopers screaming as they tried to charge towards Hux but no matter how hard they would try, they wouldn't reach Hux in time...

The only person who could save Hux was you. Only you. Gritting your teeth, you sprinted towards the figure, almost slipping in the process as your feet met ice but the adrenaline within your body began to kick in, you wanted to do nothing more than to save Hux! As the blade drew neared down upon Hux, you grabbed the hilt of your blades and pulled, screaming with every being within you at Hux "LIE DOWN!". The figure looked up, locking eyes with yours, no emotion roamed within this figure's body, only a harsh void of darkness but regardless your goal was clear, to protect and save Hux!

You slammed your foot into the ground behind Hux's head and swung your free leg across the space between you and the figure, Hux laid silently watching the carnage unfold.

You'd successfully connected your kick with the arm of the figure, kicking the blade forcefully out of its hand but the other hand descended with another one, your eyes followed the tip of the blade as it carried on after Hux's life.

You clicked your tongue; you knew there was only one way you were going to stop the attack once and for all, without even a hint of fear you launched yourself between the blade and Hux, pain erupted through your abdomen as the tip hastily sliced through your flesh. The rest of the blade was barely visible as the figure continued to push the dagger into your body, hoping that you'd buckle under the pressure and land on top of Hux, allowing the figure to push through you into him! "As if I'd let you!" you shouted, grasping the wrist of the figure, you used every single amount of energy you could muster up as you stared into the eyes once again of the person cloaked in darkness, holding back the pressure upon the blades hilt.

As the blade continued to move only slightly through you, you could feel the burning pain gradually increase, and with every inch of the pain increasing the less energy you could muster up, but you didn't want to cave, you had to keep holding on, or Hux would die!

From behind you, a loud and roaring sound of a lightsaber erupted, a bright, eerie red flash appeared at your side and then without a second pasting slashed at the person underneath the cloak. You felt the grip upon the blade handle loosen as Kylo carried on his slashing massacre, dropping down onto your knees you placed one hand on the handle of the blade and the other where the dagger had entered your body. You could hear Hux moving ever so slowly behind you, whether or not he was in a good emotional or mental state wasn't much of your concern, you knew he was safe enough for now. You grasped the hilt of the blade and pulled away from your body, a loud scream ripped out of your mouth as you flung the dagger across the ground away from you both.

Both of your hands now pressed firmly on the open wound; you looked ahead watching as Kylo carried on his assault on the cloaked figure who seemed to be having trouble keeping up with Kylo's attacks.