F. I. F. T. Y. E. I. G. H. T

After Mr. Andrews' funeral, the rest of summer vacation passed in a surreal haze. Betty, Veronica, Mercy and I spent as much time as we could with Archie. We had dinner at Pop's every night. And everyday you could tell he was getting better and better. I'm not saying he wasn't still heartbroken, the entire town was, but my pal Archie's a fighter.

And by the last day of summer vacation, while the football field was being mowed for the new season, and the school floors were being buffed to a shine, and banners for the first dance of the year were being hung, I learned the story of my best friend and father.

Mercy POV

Jughead sits across from me arms crossed looking at me half eaten burger and fries gone. I sigh and sip my shake before speaking.

Me:You ready?

FP:As ready as I'll ever can be.

I sit back and sigh.

Flashback

FP just finished the tattoo on my lower stomach, the tears still fresh in my eyes as FP laughs, I glare at him.

FP:*chuckles* This has gotta be my best one yet.

Me:Why because you decided to press into my skin?

FP:I told you it'll hurt.

He wipes it and cleans it before helping me up. I told him for him to do my tattoo he needed to be clean for a week max. He did and I'm proud of him.

FP:They're all gonna kill you.

Me:Not if I keep my style of high waist jeans. It looks nice.

I look at it in the mirror with a smile.

FP:Are you just gonna stare at it?

Me:Yes, it's my first tattoo. Leave me alone.

FP:Your parents are going to kill me. Jug is gonna kill me.

I turn and smirk as I walk towards him grabbing my water bottle.

Me:They all know how convincing I am.

He folds his arms and leans against the counter.

FP:That's not a good look for me, to be able to be talked down by a Brat.

Me:I am not a Brat, I'm just favored over others.

He chuckles and I smirk before looking away from him, I look around the house and I lean back into the seat.

Me:How have you been?

He looks at me then shakes his head.

FP:I'm not talking to you about this Mercy.

Me:*shrugging* Don't expect you to, all I asked is how you've been, I can anyone that, but I do want the truth not just I'm fine or good.

He shrugs and I nod.

Me:It'll be okay... Jughead misses you.

FP:I miss him too.

I pull my shorts up from my hips once the tenderness of the tattoo is numb, I see that they're throwing a fourth of July party at the Wyrm. I stand up and grab my new jacket.

Me:Are you going to the party at the Wyrm?

FP:Yeah, You?

Me:Yup.