Chapter 3

Droplets of sweat ran down the side of Kyda's face, in addition, her tongue lost its moisture. She was desperate for some water due to the excessive heat.

She managed to find shelter from the guards and the heat underneath some random and yet dazzling red and gold parasol, covered in gorgeous patterns and gems.

"I can't be in England... It's never this hot... blimming heck, I'll never take rain for granted again"

She flopped to the ground to catch her breath and closed her eyes. Her inner eyelids shade was changed by someone shadow casted upon her.

Her eyes slightly open to find a middle-aged lady in an Emerald green churidar with a matching dupatta covering her head and her gold Nath nose ring almost blinding Kyda.

"HOW DARE YOU USE THE EMPRESS PARASOL!"

Kyda sat up quickly, knowing where this was going.

"What is your name?" the women eyes was practically shooting bullets into her.

"Tumhare ma"

(Translation: your mum)

Kyda said in annoyance and began to run for her life yet again as the lady screamed like a wailing bobcat for the guards.

Great now she had 2 sets of people out to get her head.

Kyda was gasping for air, they were on her tail.

It was like the army whole was after her. Kyda bolted up the first staircase, she could find. And it led to an open rooftop with many Charpai (traditional woven bed) laid out.

Kyda hasn't seen them for a very long time. It reminded her on her last visit to the home country.

With her Nana.

She jumped from one Charpai to another like it was a game of hopscotch.

The guards, main aim was to be fast enough to catch her. Consequently, it seemed they had placed them at a disadvantage as they tripped and fell over each other as they try to re-enact Kyda performance. As she made it to the end of the large quantity of Charpai laid out, her eyes laid on a large and not surprised, gold cage holding exotic birds that she didn't even know existed.

She slammed herself into the cage door and assessed how far the guards were.

As soon as they entered into the designated area, Kyda unlatched the cage door and the flock of wild and yet to be rammed, birds flew into the crowd of guards without warning.

Attacking them.

However, Kyda was at a dead-end and the birds could only buy so much time for her.

The adrenaline raced through her veins and her pupils shrunk.

Her mind wasn't working.

But it maybe for the best.

Kyda leapt off the rooftop.

The gust of wind cooled her burning skin and danced with her hair.

For a moment it felt like she was invincible.

Like she was flying.

It's just a dream.

Will she wake up and all of this is just her wild imagination?

Gravity began to take its place.

She would casually go back to the reception desk, like nothing happened.

The ground was getting closer.

And continue to watch 'The office' with Priscilla.

"IT'S NOT A DREAMMMM!!!" Kyda screamed from the top of her lungs as she came to the realisation.