Chapter 41

Kyda seeps into a depressing and vulnerable state. She didn't care what was going on around her, she didn't question why the harsh winds no longer exists with the rain or why time has frozen the lightning bolt in the sky.

There could be a possibility that she could be dead.

But she just needed to let it all out.

She needs to unleash everything.

Her pain

Her embarrassment

Her falter

And who better than the wise old man, Dr Adil.

Even though he's not truly there, Kyda was in desperate need to be confided by his knowledge.

"Please take me back, I want to go back, you guys are the only family I have now" her sorrow began to drown her sense and mind.

What does she do now?

Stay here, frozen in time forever or go back being a burden to her mother?

"KYDA!"

Kyda head shot up in shock as she heard her name.

It was in a brittle desperate tone.

But when she assessed her surroundings to witness no living soul in sight.

She was all alone.

"KYDA HOLD ON!"

She jolted by the sudden outburst, out of nowhere again. The disembodied voice was familiar to her. It was husky, frail and modulated.

Kyda stood up as she examined her surroundings once more "Hello?" she stepped off the newly stoned steps and wiped the excess tears from her bright red, rosy cheeks, caused by the harsh freezing winds from earlier. "Can you hear me?" She called out to the voice with no physical appearance.

She didn't find the body that belonged to the voice, but she found something just as odd. She noticed the bridge where her mother ridiculed her on, the water beneath it was ominously glowing.

She was quite hesitant at first, but she slowly made her way towards the bridge with caution "HELLO?!".

"KYDA, STAY WITH ME!"

Kyda tumbled back on the grass and stared at the source of the orotund voice.

"Saif?" She asked herself in a wobbly manner as she quickly stumbled back onto her feet "SAIF!" she yelled out for him as she raced onto the bridge and leans most of her body mass against the wooden rail as she stares down into the glowing shimmery, enchanted waters.

"SAIF, I'M HERE!" she screams from the top of her lungs as she applied pressure of her body against the rails, hoping he could hear her.

"PLEASE DON'T GO!" He roared out making Kyda slightly flinch, remembering his words as she came to the realisation.

"He can't hear me" she whispered to herself as she stared down at the water. His words were the same words he said as she was drowning in the sand.

SNAP!

Kyda breath hitched as she fell forward when the wooden rails breaks. Unfortunately, her mother was right, the bridge was very fragile.

She splashed into the small riverbed; however, the riverbed wasn't as small as she expected.

It was more like an ocean.

And she was deep underwater.

Kyda looks down to see endless body of water that was going deeper and darker. She's not going down there.