Chapter 4

Kyda was standing in the middle of the grand hall as she was surrounded by Royal advisors, noblemen and staff with no way out. In front of her was an empty golden structured throne with meticulous handcrafted designs and a large comfy red velvet cushion. It was easily more extravagant and bigger than the Queen of England's. There were also two indoor balconies on each side of the throne and hanging from above was sheer champagne-coloured curtains covering the inside. However, whoever was in there could see from the outside.

Suddenly loud drums were heard and causing vibrations beneath Kyda feet. She spun a 360 spin to assess what certain situation she was in.

Was she safe?

Or is this a life-and-death situation for her?

She couldn't help but to have the thought in the back of her head about a possible beheading.

She finally faces back to throne.

She noticed on the left side of the throne that was facing her was everyone, including Dr Adil. Kyda was afraid to form words into sentences, this could possibly get worse for her then it already is. On the other hand, the doctor notices her state and gave her a slight nod of alliance and for some reason it did make her feel much better.

At this point, he was probably the most reliable person in that room.

The drums that could be mistaken for thunder came to a halt.

Kyda was aware that someone was now sitting on the throne, before her.

Out of the huge crowd in the royal court, he was the most lavished person adored with jewels, gold and the most purist silk that a human being could ever witness.

Any clueless person would know who this is.

Everyone within the court was now facing the Emperor and lowered their heads as a bow. From the mistake she had made earlier, Kyda nodded her head towards him to.

A nobleman step forward from the circle and said in a deafening tone, resulting Kyda to cover her ears for the impact, "LONG LIVE THE 66TH EMPEROR, EMPEROR AKBAR!". Kyda's hands was about to leave her ears but then the whole grand hall of people boomed with the same quote "LONG LIVE EMPEROR AKBAR!".

The words echoed through the marble hall.

"LONG LIVE THE 66TH EMPRESS, EMPRESS AKBAR!"

The same nobleman roared as he gestured to the left balcony that was now occupied.

Kyda could see a female silhouette through the sheer curtains of the balcony, above the throne.

"LONG LIVE EMPRESS AKBAR!" The grand hall reflected the same saying.

Two males stood beside the throne each.

One of them being Saif, giving her a grin.

And the other is unknown, but he was delivering her the stink eye.

"So, you must be the girl everyone is talking about? " the Emperor Akbar spoke finally. Kyda faced him and removed her hand from her ears "You put on quite a show" the old ruler was unamused. "If I may, Emperor. She means no harm" Dr Adil tried to justify the chaotic actions on Kyda behalf. "That does not mean she has the right to cause a havoc in my palace" the male next to the Emperor step forward and he was furious. "Do you have any idea who you insulted? HOW DARE YOU SPLASH WATER ON ME!" He was absolutely furious.

Kyda took a wild guess and assumed this is the eldest Emperor son and the older brother of Saif.

Wait... is he the twat, Ammi (mum) doing her work on?