Chapter 50

"Please just spare me the mystery"

She was crumbling before Saif as her black wavy humid hair acted as curtains for her face.

"Koma told me, you two have done stuff together"

There was an unsettling silence in the chambers. She felt his gaze on her, but she didn't return the favour. Her eyes stayed glued to the decorative rugs on the floor as his stare burnt in the back of her scalp.

"SAY SOMETHING!" She cried out, she was losing her mind, she didn't know what to do.

Saif was expressionless as he watched her being trapped in her own mental labyrinth. He came towards her and placed his finger underneath her chin and forced her look up.

The dry streams of tears on her cheeks glistened by the burnt orange glow from the sunset. He gently grazed his thumb over her cheekbone as he looked down at her, he's sharp eyes begins to soften.

Kyda quietly watched him slowly revert back to what she knew him as before. She leans into his touch as he caressed her.

"Why can't we go back to what we were? It was perfect"

They were so carefree and content back then. How they fantasised what they could do together, what they were capable of. What they could achieve together and to prove others that they weren't purposeless like they expect.

"Can't I have the old you back?" she spoke delicately to establish a safe environment for his old self to come back to.

Saif twirled the length of her hair with his finger and tenderly place his lip on her temple before whispering into her ears...

"The old me drowned along with you in the sand"

He pulled away from her to witness the sign of her being stunned "You took and lost that piece of me a long time ago". He turned his back to her and exited her new chambers and locked the door behide him.

Was it to keep her safe or keep her out of the way?

It didn't matter, Kyda was trapped either way.

As she watched her prince lock her up.

She was reduced to nothing but a palace bird in its gold steel cage.

Is this what it was going to be for now on? She had to live her life to only please and act upon his demands?

No, no it can't be.

How they suffered from similar predicament in their own lives just to be intertwined to save one another.

How could this happen to the both of them.

Kyda dashed to the securely latched doors and banged her bare, tampered hands on its surface. "SAIF COME BACK" she cried out. Her hands curled into a fist as she raged out the energy that she had left on her body. "DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!" her vocal cords trembled as the side of her body leans exhaustingly against the door as slides down to her knees.

"Don't leave me alone" her lips quivered as her body began to shut down. From her legs up everything began to become immovable. The impact on her chest was lifted as her vision began to frizzle into total darkness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The burnt orange sky soon became midnight blue with a hint of cobalt. The exotic birds within the palace squawked as the wind howled as the waves crashed onto the rocky cliff of the palace.

But they weren't enough to camouflage the whaling pain of a tortured man in the depths of the dungeon.

Kyda's eyes fluttered open to find herself on the cold hard marble floor with her head against the door as the piercing scream began to gradually reach to her eardrums. Her senses began to reset as she sat up. Her scattered brain began to piece itself back together as she recognised the cries.