Chapter 13

It was soothing.

Like violins playing to the star lit night.

Just what they needed.

Kyda rotated her head towards Amita. It breaks her heart to see someone who cared for her since day one. Kyda caused the women, who she sees as a sister to be in pieces.

Because she revealed such a heinous fact about someone, Amita was fond of.

Would she dare to say... love?

"I'm so sorry... I'm a horrible person, you don't deserve this"

Kyda knew her apology wasn't enough but what else could she do?

Not tell her?

That would have been ideal.

"You're not a horrible person... I know he's malice, but I see the good in him" Amita kept her eyes on the ceiling.

Kyda still faced her.

She is lovesick for this man.

Kyda highly believed, she was lovesick.

"But-" Kyda attempted to convince her friend about that this man has a black hole where his heart should, but Amita stopped her "I watched him from afar for many years" she titled her head to Kyda and her eyes...

Her gentle eyes

Displayed agony and dolour.

But her lips portrayed the opposite.

Reassurance.

"I've witnessed his grief and sorrows times but also his joyfully moments... his highs and lows...he's a kind man, who cared for the commoners like me" Kyda realised, Amita life was mostly revolved around the royal family's life.

Why can't she see, he's going to be a vile man?

The 67th Emperor

Amita continued "I still remember his smiles... they were contagious" a tear emerges from her left eye "The way he smiled at me... the way he escorted me home that very night... when I had to fetch the Empress's new shoes. He didn't want me to go alone in the dark".

Kyda sat up while still facing her "Is that when you fell for him?". Amita sat up onto her knees as she smiled softly towards Kyda "That's when I knew, it was no longer admiration but affection". Kyda couldn't help but to envy her. How love was simple for her, she clearly knew he was the one for her.

Even though, he was not hers to have.

Before Kyda could go further on the topic, her eyes skim past Amita head and spotted a male figure by the entrance. Amita catch sight of the direction of her gaze and followed it to the same figure. She quickly got off the bed and stood straight as she placed the dupatta (scarf) on her head, giving them the royalty head bow.

"Khagan (prince) I did not hear you enter" Amita displayed her respect.

The male figure came forward into the illuminating candlelight.

"It's rude not to knock, Saif" Kyda said in a blunt tone as she did not spare him a glance.

Saif studied her for a moment.

Taking in her appearance and the tension she was giving out.

Assessing his next move like he was on a frontline.

She was like an untamed lion. One wrong word would result him to not lose her but possibly his head.

"I request for your presence... "