chapter 38

"Ancient Greece?"

Kyda repeated her words hoping she did not mishear her.

How in the world was there Ancient Greece in a vase?

"Yea... crazy right?" Pricilla laughed "I fell into the vase and after a few minutes when I managed to climb out, I found myself in the middle of a Coliseum".

Kyda began to notice the links between both of their experiences.

There is an anonima object that is tethered to their certain time era, as if it acts as some form of teleportation or portal connecting the two timelines.

"The same thing happened to me in the cabinet... this is so crazy" she uttered out.

Pricilla leans in and whispered "It gets even crazier" Kyda's mind and eyes were now all focused-on Pricilla again. "Turns out the vase I was in was gonna be filled up with wine, you know, for it to age" Kyda nodded by the understanding.

"Sooo, the people who were filling it up, didn't see me. I slipped in and twisted my ankle" the young receptionist leans back in her chair and stared into space "I thought, I wasn't gonna make it ... they kept pouring and pouring more wine into the vase. I was screaming out for help, but no one could hear because of their cheering around the Coliseum".

Kyda poured Pricilla a glass of coke from the order they took earlier "Why would they cheer for pouring wine? And why such a big vase?". Pricilla just shrugged "I just assumed it was a gift to one of their gods". Kyda poured herself a glass "it's obvious that you made it out alive... how?". Pricilla gulps down the coke like it was some shot, making Kyda laugh "Someone noticed me as I almost climbed out... I was told, he jumped out from the stand box and ran like a stallion to the vase and dived in before I could even drown".

Kyda smiled at the scenarios "A saviour? ... ohhh~" she teased "Did you get his name?". Pricilla looked up to the ceiling that was covered with similar art style, like the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

"Julius..."

Kyda leans forward as she attempts to repeat "Julia?". Pricilla burst out laughing "No...Julius... Julius Caesar" she stated.

Silence filled the room.

Kyda eyes were solidified onto Pricilla as she was gob smacked by her statement.

Julius Caesar?

She was saved by Julius Caesar?

"Isn't that guy bald?" Kyda raised one of her eyebrows "I never knew you were until that" she can't help but to find Pricilla taste in men to be humorous. "IT WAS BEFORE HE WAS BALD!" Pricilla jumps out of her chair in defence. Kyda grinned by her sudden wild behaviour but Priscilla managed to gain her calm aura and sat herself back down in the chair that she previously sat. "It was before he became the Julius Caesar that we know today... he's coming of age story". Kyda could tell she was fond of those moments she made with him "Were you two good friends?". Pricilla bitterly laughed "Sort of... I don't know if you would call it love or friends with benefits, but it felt special" she sighed "He was different to everyone that I met so far in my own time period... he was such a gentleman". Kyda finished the dumplings that weren't even hers in the first place "That's because chivalry wasn't dead yet". "I guess that's one way to put it... he was so ambitious and innovative... but there was a tenderness that no one knew ... The way he was willing to risk his own life for a complete stranger like me" Priscilla leans forward onto her knees as she allows her head to dangle forwards "He got into a lot of trouble because of me, on that day, the wine was some sort of gift to one of the gods and I should've just been left there instead of interrupting their ceremony".