Chapter 58

A massacre

Bloodshed

The sand that was once shimmery gold is now stained with blood.

Kyda was trapped between, Saif robust arms as he rode away from the scene. Their camel was leashing the ill-fated chained human cattle. Amita hung her head low to not be recognised, whether it was to avoid the embarrassment or the blade. But managed to rearrange herself in the line up to be closer to her son, who fell silent. Amjed fell asleep in exhaustion from all the energy he had put to gain her mother's attention to meet his needs. He slept safely in Komal arms as she rode on the camel that dragged the chained slaves. Kyda hated to admit it but she perfected Amjed to be with Komal rather within reach of those traders.

"Lost of words?"

Kyda pulled her attention away from Komal and looked up to find Saif looking down at her. No words were shared between each other. He chuckled at his own little comment, but no reaction came from Kyda. She faced forwards as if he never existed, she could sense he was forcing his old self to come back to reality, but things were never going to be the same again.

"Aren't you curious to how I found you?"

The victims of the slave trafficking watched their dictator attempt to mend his spark with Kyda. A mixture of anger, betrayal and exploited was projected through their expression as they stare at Kyda. The tension built up within Kyda's bloodstream as she didn't want to be viewed as a deserter. She was technically one of them. On the contrary, that how she perceived herself, but the truth was, even if Kyda reached to the royal bazaar she would have been bought back to Saif in one piece.

"The truth was, I always knew where you were" Saif looked up to see his once respected and prosperous kingdom from a distance. Kyda scoffed at the words that came out of his mouth "Then why didn't you get me sooner?". Saif's fingers interwind within Kyda's strands of hair "You required time alone, to think over... be alone with your thoughts". "Thoughts about what? You? ... us?" she was guarding her emotions and secrets that were concealed behide her thick skin. "Not us, we need to revitalize a new, us" Kyda was puzzled from his quote "Revitalize? ... am I some sort of experiment?". He casually rested his chin jokily onto her head "You won't be able to bring back the old me" the structure of Kyda body became stiff, how he can easily read her like a book. "He was weak, immature and worthless" he spoke of himself in the third person. "You weren't wea-" he wouldn't allow Kyda to appreciate his pervious self. "You had made me weak..." a stone congested her throat to counteract that argument.

Was she a problem for him?

WHY THE HELL IS HE STILL PURSUING HER THEN?!

She stared forwards into the abyss in attempting to mute his nonsense to cloud her judgment. "You are my only weakness and to prevent that from being a hindrance, I have settled rules and boundaries for you" he spoke casually. "Rules? ... boundaries? ... you sound like a control freak" she looked up to him, but he chuckled again "Are you indicating I have control over you? On the contrary, you ran away and I allowed it... you have control over me" and as a full stop he plated his lips on her forehead. The slaves watched the potential couple in jealously of their Emperor's favouritism. Amita observed the scene in disappointment, how her Kyda could be so enchanted with such a heartless dictator. Komal, on the other hand, eyed the two souls in disgust, how Kyda easily allowed him to lay a kiss on her, even though she claims she no longer takes interest him.

It should have been her, the venomousness blinded Komal moral.

Soon they have reached the slowly eroding palace that once glowed in its glory. The gates opened by the sights of the king and the path was cleared for his way.