Chapter 60

Kyda was accommodated with luxury, necessities and not so much as necessities, such as jewels she never heard of. They were random exotic animals from tinniest of butterflies to the largest feathered peacock that was trained to fan her. This continued for over a month, Kyda had not seen Amita and Amjed since they moved into the women quarters and Kyda moved next to Saif's chambers. Whenever, she attempted to go near the late Empresses quarters, the armed patrol guards would barricade themselves against Amita's chamber entrance and alerted Saif every time she attempted.  Moreover, she was forbidden from entering into Dr Adil old office. Without entering Dr Adil room, she is unable to get to the chest and retrieve what Adil left behide in the chest.

Kyda began to experience doubt about her prince charming, Saif. He didn't indicate a further nikah (islamic wedding) planning with Kyda or even consult her to see if she really wanted this, he was consequently surrounded by frantic royal advisors, who's loyalty is beginning to crumble, and he never allowed Kyda outside out her quarters unless he was chaperoning her. She laid in Saif's king size cloud that he called a bed and dazed to the ceiling as Saif came in with a plate of Dahi Qeema for lunch. He seated himself next to her causing Kyda to sit herself up against her elbows, witnessing it was not the maid who always delivers "What happened to girl who usually brings the food?". Saif tears off the naan "I wanted to have lunch with you, I missed your voice, eyes and your smile" he looks up to see no smile but a straight line as her lip. "Aren't you happy to see me?" Saif clearly displayed such little actions from Kyda can impact him, but he easily camouflaged his expression.

"I'm not happy because you keep running off to royal meetings, you barely spend any time with me also you won't let me see Amita, Amjed and Ali". Saif expression harden just by hearing Ali's name "Why are you so infatuated with such a disgrace?". He grasped some Dahi Qeema in between the naan and leans over to place it in her mouth but Kyda stood up and stared down at him "How the hell is he a disgrace? He grew up serving you and your family". Saif stood up where her face to face with his chest "Lower your tone". Kyda did not bite her tongue "He's a sailor, he was serving your people-" she slightly choked when out of nowhere he grabbed jaw and slightly squeezed her cheeks, forcing her to confront his demonic like eyes.

"He abandoned his navy crew for you"

He whispered sinisterly as she can feel his hot breath on her lips. "I wanted him to rot just because of the way he looked at you, but his act of Desertion was enough for the law to deliver what I want". He gently unclenched her jaw and stroke her red cheeks with the back of his hand, mistakenly assumed she was blushing when really it was his harsh grip on her soft untarnished skin. "Our children will be blessed with such pretty skin" his eyes reverted back to human. Kyda knees were quivering, she could not believe what she was witnessing. He went back to the tray of food and picks up her meal "Now gain your energy, my bride needs to be strong when she will be deliv-" as he turns to feed her once more with the naan, Kyda smacked him hard across the face.

"I WANT TO GO HOME!"

Kyda storms towards the door before Saif could grip onto her. As soon as she opens the door, she found herself facing to a sharp ruby pointing between her eyes by Komal. "Just one more step is all I need" Komal sneered, one more step was enough for her to gain a valid reason to release her arrow from her bow. Saif violently yacked her back to him, from her upper arm "Saif, you're hurting me" Kyda whimpered hoping there was still a part of him that carried a sense of humanity. "ENOUGH!" he bawled into her face as her legs gave in, but he held her up from touching the ground. He threw her over his shoulder and flung her onto his bed in frustration "Once I solve the situation with the Marathas at the boarders, we will marry, and I will give u more than just the world" he storms towards the exit "WHAT HAPPENED TO ALI!" Kyda shrieks out but all he did was to close and lock the door.