19

Ashton's POV

I was unbearably nervous to say the least. After last night I feel like nothing will be the same between us. And I was only nervous for the fact of her walking in here. I knew she was coming. She has to come. I think I know her good enough to know she'll come in.

I bite my lip as I hear the door open, light footsteps walking around the store. They stop a few feet behind me and I wait for her speak up.

"Ashton." Her voice instantly brings my attention from the rack of clothes I was "concentrated" on. I turn around and scan her quickly, she's holding a one clothing piece in her hands.

"Yeah?" I gulp and I hope she doesn't hear it. "Can you um ring me up?" She says raising her clothing filled hands up.

"Yeah of course." I shake my head and walk to the register, Kat following behind me.

We stood in silence as I scanned the item, our eyes never looking up. Why was it so weird?

"Would you like to see a movie with me?" Kat blurts out as I type in a few numbers, her words instantly make me stop and turn to her in shock.

"What?" I ask, hoping she'd repeat her words just to justify everything that's happening right now.

"Would you like to uh.. Nevermind, I was.. It was stupid." She stutters, shaking her head at the thought.

"I would love to." I say softly, a small smile on my lips. Kat sighs and looks up at me, her face tinted pink.

"You don't have to."

"I want to." I reply strongly and hand her her bag, as she hands me her card, swiping it I quickly hand it back to her, along with the receipt.

"Are you free Thursday?" She asks quietly and I chuckle lightly, a girl was asking me out. How ironic.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up though, yeah?" I say hoping she'll agree.

"Yeah, that's fine." She shrugs, the smallest of smiles is painted on her lips and that's good enough for me.

"Alright, see you Thursday." I say winking at her playfully and she blushes once again, walking backwards she runs into a clothing rack making me chuckle, her face gets even redder and I can't help but think how cute she looks.

"You guys need to uh relocate these.." She says patting the moveable rack and turns around, leaving the store, not before muttering a quiet but coherent. "Really Kat?"

I chuckle and watch as she begins walking away from the store, her tale in between her legs if she was a dog, no doubt.

-

Kat's POV

I was a fucking dork. A clutz. A ditz. Why the hell did I ask him out to the movies? Isn't that the guys job? He probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Who am I kidding, I am a weirdo.

Also, I need to remind myself to never walk backwards again. Literally that was icing on my clutz-y dorky cupcake, but it wasn't good.

Sighing, I unlock my apartment door, throwing my bag on the dinner table and going into my room.

It doesn't take me long to yank my shoes off, tossing them to the side and hopping into bed, even if it was only 6 pm.

-

I wake up to pounding on my door, my thoughts instantly think it'd Ashton. I walk to the door, the pounding not dying down.

I open the door quickly, surprised at who was at my door, tear stained cheeks.