68

Ashton's POV

I had about three beers with Calum, Luke and Michael and I was enjoying myself.

The guys talked about sports and current events but once they started talking about girls in the bar I zoned out. The only girl I needed to think about or look at was Kat.

I sipped my bear, staring at the footie game on the screen behind the bar.

"Can I get a rum and water?" A girls voice says beside me, I turn my head to glance at the girl, she does the same and instantly perks up ya me.

"Ashton - is it?" She asks as she hands a 10 dollar bill to the bartender. I nod, sending her a polite smile.

"Surprised seeing you here." She says and I furrow my eyebrows. "And why is that? You don't even know me." I chuckle confused as to why she would think she wouldn't see a twenty something year old at a bar.

"You just seem like a 'always with the girlfriend' type of guy." She says using her fingers as air quotes.

I chuckle and nod, lifting the bottle to my lips. "I am, but my girlfriends at work right now so I'm with my friends." I say leaning back in the stool so she can see my three mates, none of them paying attention to my interaction.

"Oh - where does she work?" She asks eyeing me up slightly, she leaning against the bar, man they were taking forever with her drink.

"At a blogging company, it's not really known unless your into that stuff." I shrug and she nods, I can't help but notice how her eyes linger on mines longer then they should.

"Anyways - what are you doing here?" I change the subject just as her drink gets slid infront of her.

"Eh - after work drink." She shrugs and I nod. "How's the dog?" I ask awkwardly.

"Good - missing his new acquaintance." She jokes and I nod, stifling a smile.

"Ashton mate - check the score." Calum says budging me, I quickly avert my attention to the screen infront of me.

"Damn - missed a fucking goal." I mutter shaking my head. Calum nods with me, turning to Katherine then looking at me.

"Who's this?" He asks and I would have thought she walked away by now.

"Oh this is -"

"Katherine." She says cutting me off, reaching her hand across me to shake Calum's. He does, smiling at her politely although I can tell he's a little confused as to who she really was.

"Anyways - I think I should get going," I say all of a sudden, patting the counter lightly.

That's when Calum, Michael and Luke boo at me - even Katherine.

"Why? What are you going to do at home?" Like asks over Michael and Calum. They stare at me with raised eyebrows and I roll my eyes.

"He's going to go hang out with Kat." Michael says suggestively and I roll my eyes, a chuckle escaping my lips.

"Nah - she's at work." I say getting off the stool, my butt was almost numb.

"Then why leave? It's barely 9." Luke says and I shrug, stretching my arms over my head. I felt like an old geezer, and old 'married' geezer.

"I'm tired." I say shrugging. Katherine and the boys begin to boo and I roll my eyes. I really just wanted to leave so I can call Kat and see how work was going. Call me whipped but I don't care.

"At least have another round of drinks with us." Calum says and I shake my head.

"You suck." The guys joke and I shrug. "Once you guys find the girl you love your understand how I feel." I chuckle because all of them were single with no love experience.