Chapter 6

Nami tapped gently on the door. Genma shuffled to the door looking as if he just rolled out of bed.

"Oh god, I woke you up."

Genma blinked and rubbed his face before pushing a bit of hair out of his face, "No, not at all. I, uh, usually look like this on my days off."

Nami chuckled and instantly felt embarrassed for coming to see Genma.

"So let me guess... it's either the doorknob or a leaky faucet?"

"Actually, it's a dreadful case of writer's block and the intense need for a decent latte."

Genma's face lit up and he opened the door more, "Please come in and welcome to 5C Coffee."

Nami sat at a barstool while Genma prepared his espresso machine.

"I've gotta admit, this is a great way to wake up. How was your first night here Nami?"

"It was great until earlier this morning. The delivery company left my stuff thrown on the sidewalk."

"Let me guess, you went to the furniture store down the street?" Genma looked to Nami as she nodded. "It must have been Izumo and Kotetsu. I'm a little embarrassed to claim them as my best friends. Allow me to apologize on their behalf."

Nami laughed, "No need. I guess I slept late enough. I met some other residents who were able to help me out."

Genma set a beautiful latte in front of Nami. There was a simple leaf design. She inhaled the steam and wrapped her small hands around the hot cup.

"This already smells like the best latte ever."

"I'm telling you, I make the best coffee in the city."

"I actually believe you. Kiri had quite a few great shops but Konoha is a little subpar in the coffee area."

"Kiri? Is that where you're from?"

Nami and Genma talked for the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. Over the course of four latte's Nami learned that Genma was born and raised in Konoha. He spent some time in the military before deciding to go back to school for civil engineering. This job helps him pay for school and helps with rent. He had a year of school left and an internship lined up. Genma learned that Nami was from Konoha before going to school in Kiri for four years. He geeked out when she told him she would be working as Sakura Haruno's assistant. Sakura was Genma's long time celebrity crush. The two exchanged numbers.

"Shit, its already five?! I haven't gotten any work done! Hey, Genma, are you interested in going to a warehouse party?"

"You mean the one Hidan plays at every Saturday? No way, not my scene."

"Oh well, if you change your mind, you should come. And I should be going now. Thank you again so much for the coffee."

"Come by anytime Nami."