Chapter 56

"Hello everyone and welcome to Shining Light Recovery. My name is Gaara. Let's go around and introduce ourselves."

Nami sunk low in her seat. Yesterday, Tobirama had driven her all the way to Kumo. Now, she sat in a circle of nine other people who were all here to do the same thing – break an addiction. This was a co-ed rehab where she was not allowed to leave the premises for two months.

Her mind drifted to Itachi. She had ignored all of his attempts to visit her while she had been in the hospital. She wasn't sure why she only allowed Tobirama to be close to her. She was tired. She felt broken. Perhaps she just didn't have the strength to tell someone like Tobirama no. He had done so much for her; but, currently, as she sat her surrounded by fellow junkies, she loathed the Senju.

You'll learn how to put on a front and protect your heart the longer you're in this industry.

Madara's words rang through her head.

She was snapped back to reality when Gaara spoke to her, "And your name?"

"Huh?"

"Please introduce yourself."

"Nami."

Everyone spoke in unison, "Nice to meet you Nami."

She avoided their stares. Except for one pair of devious, snake like eyes. His black hair partly covered his right eye. A calculating smile formed across his lips as his pointed tongue ran across his bottom lip ever so slightly.

Nami was both repulsed and entranced. Now here was a man who looked like he had seen some shit.

~~~

The group was led out of the room and to their quarters where they would be staying. They each had their own private room. The facility had a 24/7 café and a gym. There was a salt-water pool and sauna. Everything was pure white with wooden accents. Rehab for the rich?

One-by-one, Gaara and his assistant, Kankuro, led everyone to their rooms. They were encouraged to reach out to their peers for support and assigned a partner.

Before long, the group was down to just Nami and the man with snake eyes and long hair. Nami hadn't been paying attention when he introduced himself. They were on the second floor, while everyone else had been placed on the first floor. Their rooms were right next to each other.

Gaara spoke, "You two are on this floor together. I think it goes without saying, but, you will be partners. According to your charts, I think you will both get along well. Goodnight."

Gaara and Kankuro left the two alone in the white hallway. The two stared at each other briefly.

"Goodnight Nami."

"Goodnight..."

"Orochimaru," he said with a small bow before he shut his door.

~~~

Rehab was torture. Living without Madara's medicine cabinet had been torture.

Living without Madara was proving to be confusing. Stockholm Syndrome. It's what her therapist had said.

Nmai was sitting in a communal lounge watching the news. Loud music and a cheesy graphic flashed across the screen. "Now for some Entertainment."

A busty talk host appeared. Her fans cheered as she tried to get them to settle down.

"Alright, alright. Thank you, yes, I love you all too. Muah! Let's get straight to business," the host sat in a chair and he fans stared intently, "So... what do we thing about younger Senju brother, Tobirama?"

The crowd had a mixed reaction. Some cheered while others seemed to scrunch their noses at the mention of his name. The host just nodded and continued to speak.

"Well it would seem he is off the market! That's right. After a year and a half of being single after his breakup from actress, Nami Umino, he has finally found love."

The crowd made hushed sounds as the host nodded.

Nami felt completely disconnected when a picture of her and Tobirama flashed on the screen. Poor editing made the picture tear in half separating her from Tobirama and she appeared with Madara. They then showed a picture of Tobirama with his new girlfriend. They looked – smitten.

Everyone in the lounge turned to Nami as she stared at the screen.

"Let's talk about Miss Umino," the host sipped at some tea, "After weeks of trying to get an interview with her after Madara's death, we've discovered that she is hidden in a far-away rehab."

The talk show guests gasped until the host started to clap, her giant bust bouncing each time her palms met.

"No you guys, this is fantastic. Remember, Nami hasn't been looking too well, even before the Uchiha tragedy. Nami, I say to you, keep going. Your fans will be here when you get back."

Gaara entered the room and turned the television off, "Nami, I apologize. This should have been filtered out from your stay here."

Nami only stared. Was the cute woman pictured with Tobirama aware that he had paid to put her in this fancy rehab? What did this mean for their relationship?

Nami guessed it meant she was free. Finally, free from a titan's grip. She was thankful to him actually. He had been part of the reason she was in this mess and he did his part to help her get out of it.

She looked to her peers and gave a curt nod before excusing herself from the room. She wanted to just be alone.