Chapter 9

Nami woke staring at a clock, 3:00pm, Sun. She tried to jump up and was hit with a migraine. She then recognized that she didn't recognize her surroundings. The room was dim with band posters and vinyl's decorating the walls. The pillow was slightly greasy and smelled musky. She saw Hidan, snoring on the floor beside her. Nami grabbed her hips and sighed, relieved to feel her pants were still on. She let out a moan, her head was pounding.

"Hey babe. How are you feeling?"

"Like shit. What the fuck happened?"

"You, uh, don't remember?"

Nami's eyes widened.

"You went to the bathroom and never came back, I found you behind the warehouse with some fucking scumbags. I think they roofied you."

Nami laid down and sighed. She only remembered hugging Hidan after his set and meeting their drummer, Zet...something.

"I'm really sorry. I took you home right after that then realized you didn't have a bag or keys."

"I left my things with Pain. Fuck. Thank you Hidan."

"You don't have to thank me."

"No I really do; I haven't been as lucky in the past. I don't think I would have survived another... incident."

Hidan held his breathe. It broke his heart to hear her admit that. "Let me grab you a hangover kit."

Hidan left the room only to return moments later with water, ibuprofen, and a cold sliced orange. Nami gave a quizzical look.

"Trust me, orange takes away nausea every time."

The two stayed in Hidan's dark room for the rest of the afternoon. He nursed her hangover and the effects of whatever she was slipped last night. Nami had to humble herself and just accept the help from this stranger turned neighbor turned friend.