Chapter 60

It was Saturday night. Hidan would be at the warehouse playing with his band. As she made her way to the location, her phone lit up. Tobirama.

She sent it to voicemail, only to have him call back five more times. Then a text.

Tobirama: Nami, ANSWER.

Tobirama: Why did you leave?

Tobirama: I just need to know you're okay.

Tobirama: NAMI, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

Nami: I'm fine. I'll call tomorrow. Back in Konoha.

Nami turned her phone off as she arrived to the warehouse. It was dark. There wasn't a single human in sight. A lone street lamp flickered. The river behind the warehouse was the only thing making a sound. The taxi driver looked at her like she was insane.

"You sure you want out here?"

"Yeah. I can walk the rest of the way. Thanks."

She paid him and walked out.

Maybe the show ended early and Hidan was inside cleaning up.

As she approached the warehouse, a sign on the barred doors stated, 'CONDEMNED! STAY OUT!'

She sighed. It made sense when she thought back to all of the nasty things that had happened at the Jashinist's shows. She started her walk towards her apartment building. Madara and Tobirama hadn't let her walk at night. Hell, they hadn't let her walk at all. There were always chauffeurs available whenever she needed it. This walk was one she had done so much in the past; yet, it felt so foreign to her now.

~~~

She finally made it to the apartment. She started to feel a pit in her stomach as she realized she was only moments away from seeing Hidan again.

She rounded the corner at the top of the stairs and wiped her sweaty palms onto her black jeans. She took a deep breath in, trying to calm herself down, before knocking on Hidan's door.

Tap, tap, tap.

She took in another deep breath as she heard a deep grunt and some shuffling on the other side of the door.

The door swung open to reveal a tall, muscular man with a green turtle-neck sweater. His hair was styled in a shiny, black bowl cut.

He didn't look away from what he held in his hands, "What is it? I'm working on an important project right now," Guy said.

Nami peered past Guy and saw a box of donuts, a bag of donut holes, and a bottle of super glue.

"Guy?" she looked at the donut and donut hole Guy held in his hands and let out an exasperated sigh, "Where's Hidan?"

"Oh, Nami?" Guy looked up from his project, "I believe he moved to the West End. I didn't know you still lived here!"

"I'm gone a lot."

"I can tell! Anyways, uh, anything else I can help with?"

"No, no, thank you. I'll let you get back to... whatever it is you're doing."

"Goodnight Nami!"

Guy, closed the door quickly, leaving Nami alone in the hallway. She wasn't ready to be alone.

~~~

She stepped into her studio, quickly flicking the light switch, almost as if she was scared of what lurked in the shadows. In a way, she was.

In the middle of the room, sat a box of her black clothes and her typewriter. A little note sat on top of the box.

Nami,