Chapter 29

Her clutch was at the coat check. On her way there she was stopped by Kakashi.

"Long time no see," he said as he leaned against the wall. "I hear you're meeting with Tsunade next week."

"Hi Kakashi. Um, yeah. How did you know about that?"

"She's my publisher too. We're close."

"Oh."

"You seem upset."

Nami felt anger rising. She felt vulnerable. This attention was just beginning and she hated it. Nami realized that Kakashi was drunk. Absolutely plastered.

"Actually, Kakashi, you seem to be upset as well."

"Of course I am. My Rin was taken from me."

"Rin? Who – oh."

"You know my Rin huh?"

"Obito's wife?"

"That would be the one. The one who got away."

Nami grew uncomfortable as he drunkenly mumbled about Rin and the inspiration for his books. She excused herself and quickly made her way to the coat check and headed home. Tobirama really left without her.

Getting into the cab, Nami started to shake. Her phone was buzzing non-stop and she pulled it out to find several texts

Sakura: The red looks so much better! Thank God for Madara.

Sakura: I was so distracted by planning the wedding!

Iruka: I didn't know you were so close with Madara, call me tomorrow!

Shisui: Hey ; )

Kakashi: Be my Rin for tonight?

Iruka: Seriously sis, why Madara?!

Sakura: You know, you and Madara look really good together.

Zetsu: You may have seen the article by now. My boss made me.

Anko: Sakura trained you well.

Madara: I'll have your black dress dry cleaned and delivered. Where should I send it?

Nami shut her phone off. There were countless other messages but not a single one from the one who mattered most – Tobirama.