Chapter 24

(Flashback)
"Lydia wait please." She turned around. "What could you possibly want?" Stiles sighed. "You need to let me explain. None of this was supposed to happen. You know I'd never hurt you on purpose." She glared at him. "See this is why I didn't want to date you all those years! I knew somehow I'd mess things up, or drive you to mess things up. Then we'd break up and just-" She didn't finish. "You were the greatest friend I had. You were always there and cared for me. But I knew if we dating it'd mess that up. Because once you fall in love, there's never going back to "just friends". I knew I'd lose you as my boyfriend and best friend. And look at that, I'm was right." Tears came to Stiles eyes. "I never meant to hurt you. You know that!" Lydia was crying now to. "Yeah well you did."
...
(Stiles POV)
I sat there, thinking about the fight we had after Lydia saw me kissing Malia. We were watching Star Wars, and she fell asleep in my arms. I looked down at her. She looked peaceful. I remembered the way she looked at me during my the fight. She looked like I crushed her soul. I wondered how she could forgive me, after everything I did. But she did it. She forgave me. We weren't going to pretend nothing happened between us, but we weren't going to let it keep us apart.
(Lydia POV)
I woke up to see Stiles staring at me. I smirked. "Take a picture it'll last longer." He laughed but continued staring. I sat up a bit. "Stiles, look, I know I'm inhumanly fabulous, but you gotta stop staring. It's creeping me out." I waved my hand in front of his face. He suddenly snapped out of it and jumped back. I laughed. He blushed. "So Lyds, I never asked you, but are you doing okay? I mean with, Miri and all." I sighed. "I just...my last words to her were "keep your eyes on the road" and I was yelling it too. She died think I thought she was weak. That I thought she was this weakling who had to be protected. I just wish she knew the truth." My voice cracked on that last sentence. Stiles pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me. "You know, they say before you enter heaven or hell, you're in purgatory. In purgatory, you pose as a star, watching over people. And when you look outside at night, the brightest star you see or the one you notice first is your loved one, watching over you." We looked outside. I noticed a bright star immediately. Stiles pointed to it. "See that one right there, could be Miri. And stars see everything. She knows why you protected her now. She may not like it, but she knows the truth" I smiled. He always knew how to make me feel better. "How come we only see our loved ones at night?" I teased. "Well they're stars, you may not always see them, but they're always there." We sat there, for a long time, looking at the stars. "Look at us now Ally." I whispered to myself. "Look at us now"
...
Kira was unaware that I returned. She was out on a road trip with her parents and couldn't get a signal. We decided to surprise her. "No guys I don't wanna go in there. It reminds me to much of Lydia." Scott and Stiles pushed her through my front door. "Just go in. You'll like what you see" They removed her blindfold, revealing me. Her face was confused at first, but then lit up like a fangirl meeting their favorite celebrity for the first time. She jumped and ran to me. She threw her arms around me and lifted me up whiles spinning me around. "Jeez Kira how strong did you get since I left?" I joked. She put me down. "Oh it's you! It's really you!!" We hugged extremely tight. I didn't even mind. I had my best friend back. We pulled apart and looked at each other. "No offense, but aren't you dead?" I laughed. "Well thanks to these two" I gestured to Scott and Stiles. "I'm back...as a werewolf" I finished, holding up my hands like claws. "Really? A werewolf?" I nodded. "But actually Scott, I need to talk to you about that." He came over to me. "What's up?" I sighed. " I think I'm losing my power. I can't turn into a full wolf anymore, and my eyes are yellow now." Scott looked bewildered. "I guess it's just temporary then. Are you upset about not being a werewolf anymore?" I laughed. "Am I upset I won't have to be chained up once a month and grow body hair and fangs and claws? Let me think...nope" Stiles perked up in the background. "Wait, how will she not be a werewolf anymore?" I looked to Scott. " I guess when the werewolf blood regulates in your bloodstream, you should be normal again." "How long will that take?" Stiles asked. "Im guessing until the full moon, which is tomorrow." I began to realize something. "But if turning me into a werewolf brought me back, what will happen when the blood runs out?" Everyone looked at each other. "I'll die."

~~~
Thanks for reading! I'll try to post again soon. Comment what you think!