Chapter-2 Meeting Parents

Avneet sat on a hospital bed looking out of her window. Thinking about today's incident. Her arm was fractured. She was wearing a arm sling to support her hand. Her forehead was cut. It was bandaged. It won't take much time to heal. A week or two only. Her legs were bruised. And for that doctor prescribed with some ointment. But her hand will take time to heal properly. It'll take a month to heal completely. It irked her. Because her right hand was injured. She can't use her hand. She can't eat or write or do any work. 'Why do we always depend on one damn hand? We've got two. Then why do we use only one for all the important stuff?' she huffed to herself.
'How will I work? My school?' she groaned thinking this. She slumped on the bed. Eyes droopy.

Her door brust open. She jumped from the loud noise. Her mom and dad alongside with his assistant barged in. Her parents looking panicked.

"Oh my dear" her mother sobbed looking at her. Her father looking shocked. His assistant standing in a corner of the room giving the family their privacy.

"What happened? We saw the news. We got a call from this hospital. Look at you! Haye Rabba!" her mother rambled while sobbing.

"Mom I'm okay. Please, don't cry." Avneet tried to comfort her.

"You're not okay! You're so hurt. We shouldn't have let you leave the house. If you lived with us then this would've never happened." her mom said. Avneet left their house to live on her own a few years back. She wanted to be independent. But her father's profession was not helping. Therefore she left to figure her own life herself. Her parents were against this decision. She was their daughter. She had a younger brother too. He was only a year younger than her. He lived with their parents. He was also not interested in politics. Her mother constantly tried to convince her to come back. But Avneet didn't.

"Princess?" her father whispered. Avneet was about to reply to her mother but her eyes went towards her father.

"I'm so sorry." her father said. She was taken aback. She though he will shout at her for being so careless. But he looked guilty.

"W-what?" she stuttered.

"This is all my fault. The opposing team did this to you. Oh god! I never thought they will get this low to harm me. Harm my family." his eyes were teary. Avneet was speechless. Her father couldn't look into her eyes. From her corner of her eyes she saw the assistant Mr. Vishant leave the room. Leaving the family alone.

"D-dad, this isn't your fault. They did this for their selfish reason. You are not at fault here." she reassured her father. Her mother was sobbing quietly. Her father shook his head.

"We'll talk about this when we get home. Let's get you out of here." he told her. Avneet meekly nodded her head. He called his assistant and told him to bring Avneet's doctor.

"Anything else doctor?" her mother asked.

"No, if she takes her medicines on time and applies all the ointment regularly and doesn't use her injured hand for a month then she'll be fine within a month." he replied. Her mother nodded her head. Her father was quite. Avneet knew he was taking notes on the do-es and don'ts. She sighed to herself.

"So Avneet" the doctor called her. She jumped lightly.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I'll see you after two weeks. Don't use your hand at all. Or it will get worse. Okay?" he asked.

"Okay." she replied smilingly. He turned to her father.

"Here is your discharge papers." he handed him the papers. Her father signed it and then the doctor left saying his goodbyes. Her father turned towards her.

"You sure you don't need a wheelchair?" he asked seeming concerned for her.

"C'mon dad. I fractured my arm not my legs. They are just fine. I can walk perfectly." she said rolling her eyes.

"Alright." her father said not believing her. She rolled her eyes again. 'Over protective dads.' she huffed to herself. They all went home. Where a surprise was waiting for her.

Hey guys!
Hope you're doing great. Here is another chapter. I know this is a bit boring. But picture to abhi bas shuru huyi hai😉

What do you think the surprise is?

What do you think about Avneet living separately from her parents?

Stay tuned to know more!

Don't forget to vote, share and comment! 🤗

Love ya'll. ❤️

-Isa