Chapter - 8 Confused

Siddharth

The same day ~

*ring ring*

5am. His alarm woke him up. My vacation is finally over.' he sighed getting out of his bed. He went to his washroom. He didn't bother changing his clothes now and headed towards his personal gym inside his house. Gym is is stress reliever. He can't go a day without doing workouts.

He lives alone here on the outskirts of Mumbai. His family lives in Mumbai too. But they live in the middle of the town. Too loud for him. His job is hectic. When he returns home he needs peace. He can't have that living in the middle of the city. So he shifted here. His peace.

He has an elder brother Abhishek Nigam, who handles their family business. His wife Vaishnavi Nigam also helps him. They have a child. Vansh Nigam. Vibha Nigam and Siddharth spoils him rotten. Siddharth absolutely adores his nephew. He let's his guard down with him. Vansh is 5 years old.

Siddharth is an Ex-military. He retired from there. His training made him the man he is now. Strong and fearless. His agency hired him immediately after knowing he was an ex-military. He doesn't show his emotions. He doesn't know how to do so. That's why he is like this. But with Vansh he is a totally different person.

At 7.30 am he came out of his gym and went to take a shower. Afterwards he dressed up in his suit. Because today he has to go to the headquarters for further information on his new case.

He made himself breakfast and sat in the living room checking mails. His boss Mr. Mehta had mailed him about his new client a week ago when Siddharth was in vacation. This has never happened before. His boss never interrupts his employees on their vacation.

'Amandeep Singh Nandra. Politician. He appointed me for his daughter.' he though while eating. 'Avneet Kaur. 24. Owns an orphanage. Must be for publicity. Works on a kindergarten school. Must be living on her dad's money. Huh, rich people.' he rolled his eyes. 'Lives alone? Why?' he scrunched his eyebrows. 'I'll get to know soon anyway.' he shrugged and got up. He washed his plate. He looked over his wall clock. 8.00 am. He took his car keys and left.

8.30 am. He reached headquarters. 'Just on time.' he smirked inwardly. He parked his car. And went straight to his boss. He knocked on the door.

"Come in." a voice called. Siddharth went inside. And stood in front of his boss.

"Ah, Siddharth. Welcome back. How was your vacation?" he asked. Siddharth knew it was just formal conversation before getting serious.

"Good." he replied. Mr. Mehta nodded.

"Please take a sit." he said. Siddharth sat in a chair in front of him.

"I mailed you last week about your new client. He is really important. That's why I had to interrupt in your vacation." he said. Siddharth sat in silence listening.

"He specially requested for you for his daughter's protection." he added calmly. Siddharth's eyes shot up.

"He requested for me?" Sid asked. Mr. Mehta nodded in confirmation.

"Yes. You saw the news last week on a bomb blast?" Mehta asked. Siddharth nodded.

"Yes, it looked pretty bad. Thankfully no one was injured. It said that the car had some technical issues." Siddharth said. Mehta shook his head.

"That's false news. Someone was injured. Avneet kaur was injured." he said. Siddharth sat straight. He knew this is not a simple as it seems.

"The car was owned by Avneet Kaur." Mehta said. 'This shit is messed up.' Sid thought burrowing his eyebrows.