Chapter - 34 Outbursts

She stilled on her steps. His voice was serious. She felt nervous all of a sudden. She stood beside the table and fumbled with her fingers.

"T-talk about w-what?" She stuttered looking down. He finally looked at her. With a strong gaze that left her squirming in her feet. He stood up abruptly causing her to jump in surprise.

"Everything." He said in a clipped tone. He was pissed. Frustrated with the situation. He wanted her to talk. She gulped nervously. She didn't know what to say.

"I-I don't know w-what are y-you ta-talking about." She replied. She cursed herself because she wanted her voice to sound strong. He sighed and walked a few steps towards her.

"Avneet, please. Don't try to ignore this. I know something is off. You have to talk it out." He said calmly studying her body language. She didn't know how to reply to that. 'Talk it out? How am I supposed to do that?' She thought sadly. Her mind screaming at her to tell him everything and let this out. But she knew better than that.

"Siddharth, please. I'm really tired and I want to-" she was rudely cut off.

"No." He said clenching his jaw tightly. She was trying to avoid this. 'I won't let her do this. I want to help her and she needs to let me.' He thought making his mind. He took a deep breath trying to control his anger. He didn't want to scare her.

"Avneet you need to talk. Please. You're not yourself from tha...." He trailed off. She knew what he was trying to say. Her heart broke thinking back. He cleared his throat.

"That incident." He completed gritting his teeth. His fist clenched shut in anger. He glared at the wall thinking back to the scumbag. Oh, how he would love to torture him by ripping his nails off one by one.

Avneet's eyes teared up thinking back. How everything changed that night. How they got closer only to be ripped apart. Her heart clenching painfully.

"Avneet, you need to talk. I know you're hurt. Nobody should face that. That guy got what he deserved. Please, talk to me." He requested gently after regaining his composure. She avoided her gaze from him. She knew that she won't be able to control her tears if she looked into his eyes. He looked at her expectantly for some time. He sighed when she showed no sign of talking. So, he continued.

"I don't understand. Why won't you talk to me? We were good that night. But something changed in you the next day. What happened? You can talk to me you know. I know you suffered something no one should have but that doesn't mean you need to drown in sadness because of it. You have to move on from it. And for that, you need to talk. Share your feelings." He rambled frustrated with everything. She closed her eyes shut. Clenched her fist tightly. That night flashing right before her closed eyelids. She didn't get to mourn that incident because of her messed up emotions. The situation made her feel caged down. Her throat clogged up. Her hands started shaking. Silent tears flowing from her eyes.

"......why did you stop talking to me like before?" She hears him saying. She fisted her hand on her hair.

"Stop! Stop this! Enough! I can't take it anymore." She shouted before breaking down. It was too much. Her heart and brain couldn't take more.

"Please, stop." She whispered sobbing. Siddharth stood frozen. He wanted to console her but he also wanted her to take it all out. His heart tearing into two pieces. He tried to gulp down the lump in his throat. She cried silently and he let her.

She stopped sobbing after some time and stood straight. He saw fire inside her eyes. He was ready to take her outburst.

"You want to know why I stopped talking to you?" She asked in a hard tone looking straight ahead tears still rolling down her puffy eyes. He said nothing. He didn't want to interrupt her.