Chapter - 45 The Virtual Meeting

"Virtual meeting?" Avneet asked looking completely confused. Siddharth had already turned back to work on his stuff.

"Mhm," he replied focusing on his work.

"With whom? And why?" she asked again.

"You'll see." he said looking back at her with gleaming eyes.'What is he up to?' she thought raising an eyebrow at him who had again turned back. She didn't understand a thing of mechanical stuff. She looked at her hand watch.

"Okay. I'll go start preparing for our dinner. Call me when you're done from...whatever you're doing." she told him.

"Okay," he mumbled getting lost in his work. She turned her back already thinking about tonight's menu. Siddharth knew it would take him some time to reform the device. He had unjointed before their journey. He wanted to help Avneet with dinner but this was important.

_______________________________________

Half an hour later~

"Avneet!" Siddharth called from the living room. She was stirring the curry with the spatula.

"Coming!" she said in a louder voice. She lowered the heat of the gas stove and checked on the other stove in which she was cooking another dish. She wiped her hands on the towel and walked out.

Siddharth was sitting on the chair. A weird-looking device was sitting on the mini table in front of him. He had set the chair beside the single sofa which was left for her she believed. She saw a screen on the table too. She saw him typing something on the small keyboard with furrowed eyebrows.

Siddharth stopped typing on the keyboard and looked at her when he felt her presence. She looked at him with a confused expression.

"Come. Sit here." He said patting on the sofa. She slowly walked near him and took her seat.

"Siddharth?" she called after a few moments. He was back to typing on the keyboard.

"Hmm?" he said with furrowed eyebrows as he kept working.

"Where is this device connected to? I don't see any wire. Does it work on battery?" Avneet asked looking around the device with a curious look.

"Yes. It's charged on the solar system." He replied looking at her with a small smile. He knew she didn't favour the subject. That's why he was trying his best to hurry the process. It's loading at a slow pace as this place has network issues.

"Whom are we having this meeting with?" she asked trying to get the information out of him. He won't say it to her. She was nervous. 'What if it's someone important? What if it's his boss? Haye Rabba! Have I dressed appropriately for it?' she thought widening her. She gripped her dress tightly.

"Calm down," he said placing his hand over her trembling hands. She immediately relaxed her grip. She looked at him and found him smiling down at her.

"It's done. Are you ready?" Siddharth asked looking at her with confidence. She gulped and nodded hesitantly. Siddharth let out a small smirk as he clicked a button on the keyboard. The black screen suddenly brightened and Avneet squinted her eyes from the light.

"Di!" an excited voice called. Avneet immediately looked back at the screen with wide eyes.

"Jai?!" she said in a baffled look. He grinned at his sister from the other side.

"Yes! The one and only." Jai replied grinning cheekily and Avneet scoffed.

"Ow! What the heck, Reem." Jai said scowling and rubbing the back of his head. Reem feigned being innocent and Avneet laughed at them.