Chapter - 7 Silence

Avneet was pissed at Siddharth. She was speed walking to her bedroom. Her heels clicking on the floor. But this time she was being careful not to lose her balance. She didn't want to repeat the same thing which left weird tingles on her skin. Siddharth was also matching her speed by taking big steps with his long legs. This wasn't difficult for him at all.

Avneet opened her room door. She walked in. She hurriedly went into her closet and took out her bag. Thankfully she didn't arrange her clothes inside her closet. She kept them in the bag itself. She rushed to the washroom and collected her lotions, moisturisers, shampoo and conditioners and packed them inside her bag. She now stood straight and looked around the room. This was her old room. Many memories were attached to it. She sighed and closed her eyes.

She went to pick her bag up but someone beat her to it. She whipped her head to the side and met with a familiar face. Siddharth picked her bag up. Their hands brushed together. Avneet brought her hand to herself very quickly and straightened up. Siddharth also straightened himself and looked at her. She had forgotten about him for sometime. And for some reason she was fuming at him.
'Samajhta kya hai ye apne aapko? First meri thanks ka reply nehi diya aur ab gentleman banne chala. Huh!' she huffed to herself and rolled her eyes. And went to her doors without saying anything. (What does he think of himself? He didn't reply to my thanks at first and now he wants to be a gentleman. Huh!)

Siddharth followed her without any word. He was determined to do his job. He followed her to the car. He dumped the bag at the boot. She was already seated on the backseat. He too joined her. They both were silent throughout the journey. Avneet was looking outside. She smiled looking at the kids and animals. She closed her eyes and felt the wind on her hair. She felt good. All the anger vanished. She looked at peace.

Siddharth was looking at her. He noticed all of there. He was very confused at her behaviour. So he shrugged and looked ahead.

After one hour and thirty minutes they reached Avneet's home. They got out of the car. The driver picked her luggage and followed the. Avneet struggled to get her keys with one hand. Siddharth wanted to help her but kept shut. She finally managed to get her keys and opened her door.

They went inside. He looked around.

"Can you please take my bag to my room?" Avneet asked politely. Siddharth whipped his head towards her thinking she was asking him. But to his disappointment she wasn't talking to him. She wasn't even looking at him. She was asking the driver.

"Sure mam." he replied smiling. She too smiled at him. 'She is good to others. But not me? Why?' he asked to himself confused. The driver went upstairs. 'So her bedroom is upstairs.' he nodded to himself.

Now they two were alone. She looked at him and turned on her heels knowing he would be following her. He went behind her. He noticed there were 3 doors upstairs. And the first door was open. He knew it was her bedroom. She pointed at the door next to hers.

"This is your room. The kitchen is downstairs. Make yourself comfortable." she said. Her voice void of any emotions. He nodded his head.
She went to her room without saying anything.

He felt unsettling. 'Why is she so cold to me? Did I do something wrong? But why do I care? I have been like this since forever.' he shrugged and went to his room.

Avneet shut her door and sighed. 'Why does he not talk. Is he mute? No, I saw him talking today. Why the hell I feel so irritated by him? Ugh! Screw him!' she thought and went to her washroom. She freshened up and took a shower to cool her head. She felt fresh afterwards. She wrapped herself in a towel humming to a song and went to her closet. She dressed herself comfortably. It was slightly difficult with one hand but she managed.

After getting dressed she went downstairs. She wanted to make lunch. Another thing about her is that cooking is her stress reliever. She thought about what she could make for lunch. And she settled on creamy white sauce pasta. She decided to make for two. 'I might not like his attitude but I can't make dinner for myself and not for him. This is called humanity.' she assured herself and started cooking.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter seven. Hope you like it.

Do you like Siddharth?

Do you think Avneet's irritation is justified?

Stay tuned to know more!👻

Please vote , share and comment everyone.

I want to make some friends here. Can you help me with that?

Guys please comment. It makes me sad knowing many of you are reading but aren't voting or commenting. Do you not like this story? 🙂

This highly discourages me. I hope you understand. 🙂

-Isa❤️