Chapter - 68 Dreams & Surprises

Two weeks later~

"I can't believe that you sent the first invitation to me. I feel so special," Michael fake sobbed through the phone. Siddharth rolled his eyes.

"It wasn't like you gave me a choice. You would have arrived at my wedding regardless," Siddharth replied leaning back on his chair in his room.

He kept his word and sent the first wedding invitation to Michael via email since the bastard won't reveal any of his personal information. Currently, they were talking through their untraceable phones.

"Damn right I would. I'm your only best friend," Michael replied, smugly. Siddharth rolled his eyes again.

"Of course," he replied sarcastically, eyes going back to the clock on the wall.

"Besides, you get to see my beautiful face and fall in love with me all over again," Michael teased.

"Yeah no. I'm good," he replied, distracted.

"Are you okay, bro? Already getting cold feet? Should I send someone to kidnap you so we can have our happily ever after?" Michael asked, smirking.

"In your dreams. I'm not getting cold feet. I'd rather choke in my blood and die than live with an asshole like you," Siddharth shot back, rolling his eyes when he heard Michael's roaring laughter from the phone.

"There you are with your sad excuse of humour," Michael said, chuckling.

"My humour is far better than yours..." Siddharth trailed off glancing at the watch. "I'll call you back. Time to get into action," Siddharth jumped up. Michael hung up after blackmailing him into giving his every detail.

Siddharth inhaled a deep breath. Excitement was bubbling inside him. 'Time to break some rules' he thought before walking out of his house.

______________________________________________

Avneet was tired. After days of non-stop shopping, deciding on the wedding venue and selecting food for the wedding, she was dead tired.

Avneet wanted a simple wedding with few close family and friends but her father being the chairman, that wish was out of reach. They had hundreds of guests with many politicians and long distant relatives on their guest list. That was only the bride's side of the guests. Siddharth's family also had a huge number of guests with many businessmen and family.

In short, this was going to be huge with many reporters and cameras.

To say Avneet was anxious would be an understatement. She was scared. Everyone knew she didn't like to be the centre of attention. But at her wedding, she was bound to get all the attention of everyone.

And marrying someone who is so successful and being the daughter of the chairman, she had literally brought the attention right over her head. Avneet grimaced at the thought as she flopped down on her bed.

Her house was bustling with people. Her grandmothers from both sides were here. Reem and Krupa were crashing in with her every day to help with the preparations, so they were staying over as well.

She could hear the muffled sounds of people behind her door. The staff were going crazy with preparations along with her mother. Avneet had given a pitiful excuse of being tired at 11 am in the morning. Reem and Krupa had dragged her to a salon for her daily appointment. Her friends had trapped her into it but she had to admit that the massages were good.

In the whole busy schedule, Avneet had little time to give her future husband. Her mother had banned her from visiting his saying it was some auspicious to see her future husband's face on their marriage day.