chapter - 9 Stubborn Woman

Siddharth took a shower and changed into something casual. It was almost lunch time. And he had to look around the house for some security purpose. He wanted to add cctv camera on the house. Not inside the bedrooms of course but on the living room, garage, in front and back side of the house. He will take no risk. He came down in the living room and the sight made him stop on his steps.

Avneet was grooving on a song playing on her ear pods and cooking. She was humming the tune while stirring her sauce on the pan with her left hand. It was slightly difficult for her to cook using her left hand. But she ignored handled it quite nicely.
'I could get used to this.' thought Siddharth in awe. He quickly shook his head. 'Shit. Not again. This girl is messing with my head.' he said in his mind feeling irritated.

He noticed Avneet was making pasta. By looking at the amount he knew she was making for both of them. He shook his head. 'And I thought I had to make lunch myself.' he thought shaking his head. She was struggling with the pasta. He made his way to her rolling his eyes.

Avneet didn't notice Siddharth. She was startled when he came into the kitchen took the spatula from her hand. She immediately took her earplugs off.

"You should have called me for help. You can't use both of your hands. I will take care of our meals from now on." he said stirring the pan. She had done all the work herself. Now the pasta and sauce needed to be mixed which Avneet couldn't do with one hand. She was surprised. She thought he won't speak to her. But look at this! He said so many words!

"I thought I could do something by myself." she finally replied. He shook his head.

"No need for that. I'll take care of this and you take care of healing your hand for now." he said almost jokingly. Avneet thought she'll faint. So many words said in a day! Damn!

"I-uh.. okay." she sighed finally closing her eyes. He nodded his head focusing on the pasta. She went from there and sat down on the living room. She started with Sherlock Holmes. Her favorite. She was watching intently folding her legs to her chest.

When Siddharth returned holding two plates on his hand, he almost smiled seeing her. She looked adorable watching the show so intently. He was surprised yet again. He never thought she will be into these stuff. He went forward and sat beside her making her jump. His lips turned upwards sightly. 'She is cute.' he thought and forwarded her a plate. He noticed it'll be difficult for her to eat like this. So he went back and came with a small looking table and placed it in front of her without saying anything. He sat beside her again and started eating. This whole time Avneet sat speechless. 'I never thought he will be so.... concerned.' she thought. Her heart beating a little fast inside her. She couldn't help but feel happy. She averted her gaze from him and placed her plate on the small table. And started eating while watching the series. Both ate in complete silence. It was comfortable.

An episode later, both got up and went to the kitchen with their plate. Siddharth asked her for her plate for washing. Avneet was dumbfounded.

"You're my guest. I should be asking you this." she said sounding amused. He shook his head.

"You've an fractured arm." he said pointedly. She rolled her eyes.

"I have A fractured arm. I have another uninjured arm too if you've forgotten about that." she said sarcastically. He was surprised to see this side of hers.

"Leave your plate here so I can do the dishes." she said. He shook his head and was about to argue further.

"No. I won't listen. If you are to make us meals I have to do something too. I won't sit at the side knowing you've to do all the work alone. I refuse to be a burden. You are here for your job I can't let you do more work unnecessarily. I will help you as far as I can. Now leave your plate here." she said sternly. But she wasn't being rude. He was speechless. He moved to the side without saying anything. She nodded looking proud.

"Good decision." she said the turned the tap on and started washing. He shook his head. "What a stubborn woman." he thought looking amused. He filled a glass with water and gulped it down swiftly.

When she was done with her washing, she saw the small table back at it's place. She fought a smile. She went towards the stairs and found him roaming around the house. She didn't want to disturb his tour and so she went to her bedroom. She took her medicines and opened her laptop. She did some of her works with some difficulties. She had taken a leave from the school for her healing. But that couldn't stop her from working.

After doing her work she went take a nap. Her medicines made her drowsy. She laid down and went to a dreamless slumber.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter nine. I hope you like it.

So from now there will be some time skips. I've planned many things for this story. 😉

Did you like their communication?

Did you like the stubborn Avneet?

Stay tuned to know more! 👻

Please vote, share and comment! 🤗

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa